Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Los Angeles, CA
With over 195 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Netflix's Original Studio Films team is seeking an experienced Contract Analyst who will provide rights tracking support to the Business & Legal Affairs team. Successful candidates will have prior experience in a business affairs and/or legal setting, will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with unwavering attention to detail and a strong emphasis on organization. This is a demanding and fast-paced role with growth potential that will reward candidates with a high level of curiosity and initiative.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Extensive tracking of deal terms, options and contractual obligations under talent, crew, distribution deals;
• Coordinating rights payments;
• Drafting and reviewing chain of title summaries and legal correspondence;
• Capturing and condensing notes from meetings with various business and legal affairs partners;
• Developing and managing various operations projects under the supervision of the Contract Manager;
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned; and,
• Working with the Contract Manager to increase the Original Studio Film team's operational efficiency.
• BA/BS required;
• At least 4 years of related work experience, particularly rights analysis, is required;
• Demonstrate good judgment and strong critical thinking skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented;
• Ability to respond positively to change and be respective of new ideas;
• High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines;
• Research experience a plus but not required;
• Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise; and,
• Ability to embrace and advocate cultural diversity.