Content Designer, Streaming
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is seeking an experienced Content Designer (Content Strategist, UX Writer, Product Writer) for Interactive, the team that made Emmy-winning ''Black Mirror: Bandersnatch'' possible.
About the Interactive team
Part of Netflix Experience Design, the Interactive team creates experiences to entertain and delight members around the world. Collaborating with the world's best storytellers, we leverage our product and content expertise to design experiences where viewers interact and engage with stories in memorable new ways.
About the role
This is a unique role in that you'll partner with product designers, product managers, consumer insights and others to push the boundaries of what's possible in streaming entertainment. As Interactive's only Content Designer, you'll act as the evangelist across cross-functional teams and within the Content Design team, ensuring that the messaging for Interactive is consistent across the product for members and in materials to content partners. You'll also create language guidelines for interactive formats and think through UI patterns for our internal production tools.
• You're a storyteller at heart who can craft and orchestrate cohesive narratives across product touchpoints and work with cross-functional partners on execution.
• You're a systems thinker who's familiar with the development of design systems and guidelines that can scale globally.
• You're a product thinker who enjoys innovating and finding creative solutions.
• You thrive on collaboration and can communicate productively with visual thinkers and other partners.
• You are confident in advocating for your point of view in our candid, feedback-driven culture.
• You're comfortable with ambiguity and are self-directed. You find ways to make a meaningful impact without waiting for approvals.
• You possess a keen sense of empathy for the entertainment industry and a burning curiosity about where it's headed.
• 10+ years of relevant writing experience: UX writing, content strategy, consumer-focused copywriting, short-form digital
• Expertise in interactive content preferred
• Experience working on a product design or UX team, and with global brands
• Ability to think critically about user journeys and content flows, and to connect the dots between them
• Experience with A/B testing and using data to inform design decisions
• Demonstrable creativity
• Highly collaborative and self-directed
• Proficiency in languages other than English and experience in the world of entertainment are a plus
This full-time, salaried position reports to the XD Content Design Manager.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvk7qm-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.