Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
This role provides you the chance to join a team that is committed to transforming the perception of what entertainment is and how it can be enjoyed through the Netflix service, and how to supplement that content through consumer products, music, or other off Netflix service distribution . With continued investment in a slate of content including original productions, content licensing, and international expansion, it's a great time for you to join Netflix.
QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Fundamentals of Accounting- We'd like you to have 3+ years of accounting experience under your belt backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance; CPA license is preferred but not required.
• Attention to detail + love for data - We pride ourselves on producing high quality work, scrutinizing important numbers and formulas for accuracy, and using spreadsheets and system data to reconcile accounts and solve problems; we like our accountants to love Excel pivot tables and be unphased by large data sets.
• Enthusiasm and quick learning - Enthusiasm for designing and building new accounting systems and making improvements to existing systems. Prior work with contract review (revenue, leases, or other complex documents), data entry and analysis, research, and other problem-solving tasks is helpful, but we understand you probably have never done content accounting. That's OK with us because we'll teach you as long as you're excited about learning.
• Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; positive attitude and never settling for ''good enough'' are key, along with fitting into our unique company culture.
• Collaborate inclusively - Partner with team members and authentically recognize, understand, and appreciate differences, and connect across these differences by being mutually adaptive.
• Industry experience in a studio, music environment, or consumer products is a plus, but not essential to the position if you are enthusiastic about the position, have a strong accounting background, and are capable of learning quickly.
• Adaptable - You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of content, finance and accounting issues and projects.
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
MORE DETAILS / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Based in our Hollywood office, reporting to the management team in Content Accounting.
• Part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of the company's revenues, commitments, assets (capitalization), liabilities (payments or deferred revenue), and expenses (distribution costs).
• Review and documentation of music rights & ancillary revenue agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
• Set up and accounting of music rights and ancillary revenue deals, with a focus on consumer products, music, and other off Netflix service distribution.
• Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects such as partner management (vendor portal, inquiries, payments review, and reporting) and system design and testing.
• Cross-functional interaction with various teams throughout the company including Legal, Revenue, FP&A, Tax and Engineering teams in addition to outside vendors.
As Netflix continues its original content expansion, the accounting and operational complexities are also growing. There are new challenges we're facing, and there's plenty of fun we're having. Come be a part of it and help make a positive impact!
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.
Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. Have you ever wondered how we account for content in our financial statements? Are you curious and invested in how to automate workflows for Accounting? Do you enjoy managing and analyzing large data that is used in critical business decisions? If yes, we are looking for you to join other stunning colleagues in Los Angeles who share a passion to continue to build the premiere entertainment company in the world that is powered by technology.