Associate Manager, Ad Operations
Vice Media Group
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 221 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying series, films, and documentaries across a wide variety of genres, formats, and languages. Netflix has been home to the finest variety and quality of entertainment since the service launched in India in 2016. Members in India and from around the world have enjoyed Indian stories like Delhi Crime, The Fame Game, Minnal Murali, Haseen Dilruba, and Mighty Little Bheem
It's an amazing time to join the Netflix Communications team, a seasoned group of professionals shaping and telling the story of Netflix as the leader in streaming entertainment. This team is critical to building on the company's success and reinforcing its reputation in a fast-changing, complex and competitive global landscape. We tell compelling stories about Netflix, working closely with content, publicity, marketing, product, policy and other groups to infuse these stories with their efforts.
We are looking for a seasoned public relations professional with a strong understanding of the media, entertainment and cultural landscape in India who is excited about India's opportunity in a global era of storytelling. The incredible variety of stories and the tremendous talent in front of and behind the camera makes India one of the most exciting countries for Netflix globally. The Netflix India team is investing in Indian stories, producers, directors, writers, actors and film crews across the country. This candidate will help demonstrate Netflix's growing commitment to the Indian creative community and ecosystem, and they'll do it through creative storytelling, at both business and consumer level.
We are looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial, creative, strategic and business-savvy mindset, thriving in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. Someone who enjoys the challenge of juggling multiple projects, and can become a trusted advisor to our global teams as well as Netflix India's leadership team. Strong writing skills, a willingness to learn rapidly and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced culture are key.
Reporting to the director of communications for India, the candidate will likely possess 10 to 15 years of experience in entertainment, media, corporate or agency settings. Of particular interest are candidates with backgrounds in the entertainment sector and those who are used to working in a fast-paced environment that requires agility, selflessness and the ability to manage multiple
The candidate must
• Have a global mindset and good business acumen, preferably with experience of working for multinational brands.
• Have excellent news judgement as well as very strong writing and communications skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Love entertainment and the prospect of delivering stories from all over the world to people all over the world.
• Proactively identify, map and preempt issues that could enhance or hurt the Netflix brand
• Manage and maintain exceptional relationships with business, financial and trade media, as well as key industry influencers - becoming a great Netflix advocate with these audiences
• Serve as trusted advisor and partner to the leadership team.
• Write and shape our key corporate communications materials.
• Be an all-rounder with an ability to work cross-functionally and build relationships inside and outside the organisation across different time zones.
• Be deeply familiar with, and/or enthusiastically curious about, the entertainment sector, technology, innovation and media.
• Be able to serve as a company spokesperson
• Be a self-starter who comes up with new approaches and is eager to try those out.
• Has a strong bias-to-action and can change course, be scrappy and get things done on short timeframes
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• An independent thinker with the ability for innovation and new ideas, making the leap from information to insight.
• Succinct communicator and great writer.
• Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
The Netflix culture attracts talents who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and curiosity. Read our blog and culture memo. If it resonates with you, maybe you're the right person to join our team.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn3y31-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.