We are looking for an experienced finance professional, who has sourcing experience, to support our end-to-end finance procurement operations with a functional area of our business.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone that has a solid understanding of accounting treatment, knowledge of the P2P workflow, and experience with developing strong cross-functional relationships with business partners across various functions; FP&A, Accounting, and IT teams.
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team
In this role you will partner with the following cross-functional partners:
• Partner with the Marketing business to provide procurement support - reviewing and re-negotiating contracts, vendor onboarding and management, creating purchase orders, reviewing invoices, expense reporting, and being an embedded partner and active contributor across various teams.
• Accounts Payable - Create POs where applicable and provide non-PO invoice coding to enable timely and accurate invoice processing and accurate financial reporting.
• Accounting - Drive an accurate and timely month-end close by owning the accrual process and explaining variance drivers.
• FP&A - Ensure accurate coding to provide meaningful reporting and identify opportunities to use data to drive business decisions.
• IT - Design, simplify, and automate finance and payment workflows and partner on system enhancements to help automate workflows to scale
• Communicating with the business to drive the procurement of services from our vendors and understand the status/timeline of delivery of services.
• Partner closely with the business to support their sourcing decisions and vendor partnerships for scale, cost efficiencies, and to ensure a diverse and sustainably focused supplier chain to keep pace with the evolving needs of our business.
• Setting up purchase orders (PO's) in to ensure appropriate classification of expenses to enable financial reporting and analysis.
• Driving projects that help to simplify and automate manual workflows. Actively participate in system features development and user acceptance testing.
• Managing vendors and invoicing processes: reviewing vendor records, ensuring timely billing, approving invoices, and working with Accounting to ensure accuracy of accrued services.
Qualities We're Looking For:
• 5+ years of relevant Finance and/or Accounting experience, preferably in SP&A
• Experience with procurement and purchase order accruals, as you will deal with these on day 1 and look for ways to optimize the workflows
• Ability to take ownership of tasks while handling competing priorities
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Strong communication skills, business acumen, and the ability to lead cross-functional meetings
• Relationship builder - Ability to cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners
• Strong enthusiasm for implementing systems and processes
• Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it; having a positive attitude and never settling for ''good enough'' are key
• Adaptable - You are comfortable in an ever-changing ecosystem of content, finance and accounting issues and projects
• Occasional international travel may be required
Extra dose of awesomeness if you have:
• Industry experience is a plus
• ERP and Procurement systems experience with Workday Financials and Tableau
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance; MBA is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjwjv2-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.