We are seeking an experienced and passionate marketer to join our newly formed Japan Brand Marketing team, based in Tokyo. The Brand Marketing team is responsible for spearheading various brand initiatives to enhance our local brand presence in Japan.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. After the 5 million Japan paid membership milestone announced in September 2020, Netflix is geared to grow bigger and faster fearlessly in Japan, with an extended slate of global and local original title programming, and constant product innovations as key drivers for the growth. As such, it's a great time to join Netflix, and to bring highly emotional and locally relevant brand stories to life, targeting a broader audience in Japan, with out-of-the-box creative ideas and well-crafted executions.
As a key member of the Brand Marketing team in Japan, you will be supporting the team to plan and execute various brand marketing initiatives to enhance Netflix's brand presence in Japan. You will interface with advertising agencies, and/or production houses to project-manage 360 integrated marketing campaigns, aimed to spark conversations around our brand, titles, and talents. You will work closely with cross functional team partners within the MarComm organization, Content teams, and the global brand team based in LA, to bring impact and innovation to the campaigns by generating synergies with such partners. The successful candidate will be passionate in creating disruptive and innovative brand marketing communications based on insightful strategy and sound judgement. This person will also be self-motivated and proactive, an excellent communicator and a multitasker who is thorough, organized and detail-oriented while juggling multiple and diverse responsibilities with a high level of flexibility to pivot when necessary. As this position sits in the newly formed team with less defined workflows, it requires someone who is comfortable with ambiguity and highly motivated to strive for the best as a trailblazer.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support ongoing long-term brand marketing activities for Japan, in partnerships with external agencies and internal partners
• Identify key business opportunities where Netflix's brand stories would resonate strongly, by closely observing what is happening in not only the local entertainment industry, but also cultural trends and consumer sentiment across Japan.
• Drive campaign development from strategy, concepting and execution, by managing day to day communications with external agency partners, and internal key stakeholders
• Always seek for impact through not only out-of-the-box creative strategies and ideas but also innovative media strategies and use of channels
• Support and collaborate with downstream internal cross-functional stakeholders both locally and globally to ensure successful product launch and marketing.
• Independently execute and use discretion to escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner
• Understand, advocate, and embody Netflix's culture and values and the collective goals of the cross-functional team.
• Close and constant communication internally and externally
• BA/BS Degree
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing and implementing consumer facing marketing campaigns
• Deep knowledge of local entertainment landscape in Japan
• Track record of best in class ability to project manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Ability to proactively identify business challenges and opportunities, and efficiently operate in an environment with ambiguity
• A team-player who operates in a fast-paced, team-oriented setting
• Ability to provide your point of views with rationales, in both verbal and written form
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Apps
• Proficiency in Japanese and English in a fast-paced business discussion environment
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7kz3-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.