This role is an integral part of the Netflix brand team, which is responsible for charting the course for the Netflix brand worldwide. The team's purpose is to help the company adopt a brand belief system that will guide decisions and build lasting emotional connections with consumers. Core responsibilities of the brand team include giving life to the global brand strategic framework, partnering with business units across the company to help them make the Netflix brand tangible in their day-to-day work, and developing strategic marketing, communications tools, design systems, and campaigns that reinforce our brand strategy. The brand design team supports all branding needs outside of the product which ranges from providing recommendations, creating guidelines, and consulting on a wide variety of brand needs, ensuring that all visual work aligns with the Netflix design system and brand architecture. This group, like the rest of the brand team, will also be scouting on the ridge, identifying impactful opportunities within the company for where brand should be integrated to the work and aligning on how to bring it to life.
The main purpose of this role will be to lead strategic design direction for the Brand Team and solutions for the overall Netflix core brand and sub brands. You'll partner closely with the team's strategists and creatives, as well as company leaders to bring our brand to life through carefully considered branding, design systems, and strategic creative frameworks
• Lead design strategy and visual concepting for a variety of needs, assessing whether internal or external creative resources are best suited for each project. This includes partnering with a program manager to ensure timelines and deadlines are met.
• Partner closely with the Brand strategy team to create frameworks for design, rooted in brand architecture, to allow for a consistent brand experience for our consumers.
• Provide strategic design expertise and guidance to on-going global requests and questions regarding the visual brand system and architecture.
• Maintain consistency and ensure production quality by creating templates, guidelines, and additional support materials.
• Ability to provide clear and concise strategic design feedback internally and externally on both projects you're leading, as well as design guidance on shared internal initiatives.
• Expertise in Brand Architecture and how it relates visually to various teams and functions.
Skills and Experience:
• 8+ years working in complex global consumer, entertainment, design-focused, and/or technology brands either in-house or at agencies.
• Portfolio/ body of design work that exhibits a highly developed sense of taste and aesthetic.
• Experience with complex global design systems and their work streams, including multiple physical and digital media, light to heavyweight executions, local cultural environments, and partnership with agency partners.
• Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Working knowledge of After Effects is a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of Google Slides and Keynote to create/update presentations.
• Knowledge of Marketing campaign, production, and concepting workflows across print, digital, and physical activations from concepting through final asset or toolkit execution.
• Ability to work independently to see projects through, managing and aiding designers and creative partners, pulling in the right stakeholders during socialization, while managing stress and adversity in a positive, constructive manner.
• Ability to manage bandwidth of internal and external partners, assign projects based on bandwidth, ensuring deadlines are met.
• Easily builds rapport with business leaders around the company to earn trust and ensure optimal outcomes and partnerships with the brand design team.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqb4ex-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.