It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
This Awards Manager will lead on awards campaign activity in the UK within a team of managers working on awards and festival activity across EMEA, working cross functionally with various departments at Netflix and with external agencies and partners.
The Awards Manager (UK Campaigns) will report to the Senior Manager (Submissions and Awards Strategy)
• Awards activity and voter outreach in UK across all bodies including AMPAS, BAFTA, BIFA and UK based craft guilds (e.g BSC)
• Managing screenings in the UK, including venue bookings, and liaison with the internal screenings team.
• Managing email blasts promoting Netflix screenings and other awards activity
• Alignment with colleagues in US to ensure coordination on campaign strategy and execution
• Lead and informed captain for the team on UK Craft Guilds, building and maintaining relationships with the relevant individuals and organisations, and driving strategy for partnered activity.
• Management of FYC BAFTA Website, including asset and material management, uploads and weekly reports.
• Management of UK awards agencies and consultants.
• Ad hoc support to the wider team as needed, including submissions, staffing internal and external events, and campaigns across EMEA.
• We are looking for a team member who is eager and curious to dive into the work. They are scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find solutions.
• They will be able to communicate with a wide array of outside parties including but not limited to filmmakers, talent representatives, agencies, vendors, awards bodies and event leads to streamline communications and ensure the best possible representation of Netflix. They will be able to communicate confidently and effectively on an international level with partners from across the region and globally.
• They will be organized, thorough and able to use their judgement to prioritise and juggle multiple projects at once. They have a positive attitude, are proactive and a sound thinker who can maturely approach challenges and obstacles, and have strong attention to detail.
• The successful candidate will have 5+ years of entertainment industry experience, ideally in an awards, festival, network or agency setting. Experience of working on film awards campaigns for AMPAS and BAFTA is essential, as well as a good knowledge of the UK film and series industries. Some experience of working directly with talent is desirable.
• The role will include regular evening and weekend work; although this role is primarily UK focused, regular travel will likely also be required in support of the team's work across EMEA.
• Within the team, we have informed captains focused on different genres of content; these ICs make sure to keep up to date with relevant content (both internally and externally) and contribute this knowledge to the work of the team above and beyond their individual responsibilities. We hope that the person filling this role will be able to be the informed captain for animation across film and series, so an interest in this area would be desirable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9nyk4-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.