The Associate Technical Artist / Scene Implementor will primarily be working inside Unity to construct & assemble scenes, cinematics, and logic flows for narrative games with a team of talented artists, animators & writers.
• Setup scenes, animations, stage blocking and cameras from a script or animatic
• Utilize a proprietary visual scripting language and tools to drive player progression through a branching narrative story.
• Creatively frame and implement basic camera shots and characters to uphold and ensure a specific vision
• Collaborate with engineering and art teams to develop solutions and tools to maximize efficiency
Skills and Abilities
• Effectively communicate at a multi-disciplinary level.
• Self-Starter with a demonstrated capability and enthusiasm for learning in a fast-paced environment
• Strong proficiency and understanding of unity's basic concepts and elements (GameObjects, prefabs, etc.)
• Ability to master proprietary tools and pipelines
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for basic camera composition and motion
• Eye for artistic and aesthetic details
Education and Experience
• Game development experience through school or personal projects
• Experience with Unity's built-in tools and systems (animation, particle, etc) is a requirement
• Bonus points for 1+ years of practical experience
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Our core hours are 10:00 am to 6:00 pm CST, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary range description
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $60,000.00 - $150,000.00
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2eo56-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.