Associate, Content Strategy & Analysis
Los Angeles, CA
The Studio Strategy & Analysis team is looking for an Associate to join its Hollywood-based team. This team develops strategic insights to further the company's global production efforts, with a specific focus on valuation, strategic planning, and industry intelligence. The team is highly visible across the company and in particular to the senior leadership of Netflix who depend heavily on the strategic insights from the Studio Strategy & Analysis team to inform important business decisions. The Associate position, working closely with both the Managers and Director of Studio Strategy & Analysis, will be an integral member of the Studio Strategy & Analysis team and be responsible for providing support and analysis across the breadth of work provided by the team.
This role will reside in Netflix's Hollywood office.
• Preparing valuation analyses (model building, scenario testing, etc.) to support our studio teams in their negotiations
• Developing strategic frameworks to guide decision making
• Conducting analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
• Synthesizing market and competitive research into meaningful insights
• Owning communications with cross-functional teams supporting budgeting, forecasting, and tracking for key parts of the studio organization
• Creating insightful presentations that summarize analysis and presenting them to groups of Netflix managers and executives to influence decision-making
• Compiling thoughtful post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• 2-5 years of experience in a top management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, hedge fund, and/or media/entertainment/tech company in a strategy/business development/analytical role. We are looking for candidates that have worked in a highly-demanding environment in which complex modeling and analysis is performed.
• Prior experience in Media/Entertainment is a plus, but not a prerequisite.
• Prior experience in production capacity planning and analysis is a plus, but not a prerequisite (Media/Entertainment or other industries).
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including strong Excel skills.
• Familiarity with statistical concepts and analysis.
• Adept at writing, facilitating and presenting analyses.
• 4-year degree in relevant field with strong academic performance.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us. We are also supportive of individuals who choose to move on to business or graduate school after 2-3 years.