Associate, Studio Strategy & Analysis
Los Angeles, CA
The Studio Financial Planning & Analysis (SFP&A) team is looking for an Associate to join its financial planning team. This role will be a primary point person supporting senior management in studio budgeting and forecasting related areas. Senior leadership depends heavily on the Studio FP&A group to accurately model and forecast the business as well as to lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform critical business decisions.
This role will be based out of our Hollywood office and be responsible for financial planning and ad hoc analysis for the studio to support strategic decision-making, specifically:
• Provide FP&A support for Netflix Post Production and Content Business & Legal Affairs including P&L forecasting, consolidation and financial reporting
• Support cross-functional headcount planning and initiatives (ie: long range planning) for the Studio team
• Develop and optimize workflow to provide financial visibility to senior management, stakeholders and cross functional partners
• Create models that consolidate large complex data sets into easy to understand deliverables to drive key decision-making
• Gain understanding of key drivers (ie: title volume) of headcounts and costs and create KPI metrics and dashboards to measure performance and optimize business operations
• Ideal candidates must have significant FP&A experience including building up forecasts, variance analysis, submission and reporting with a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis.
• Key attributes include attention to detail with strong system skills and the ability to pursue projects in a methodical manner.
• Candidates must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment with strong work-ethics including highest personal and professional standards of integrity.
• Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively autonomously.
• 5+ years of experience in financial planning & analysis in entertainment, management consulting, investment banking, or Big 4 accounting is preferred
• Prior experience in Post Production, Physical Production, VFX, and/or Business Affairs and Legal within Content/Production/Entertainment Industry preferred
• Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
• Superior proficiency with Excel (ie: complex modeling) and financial systems (ie: Anaplan, Essbase)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Sound working knowledge of the related accounting guidance preferred
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably Business, Economics, or Mathematics
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.