Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
The Strategy Planning & Analysis team is looking for an Associate to provide strategic financial analysis and insights to our global Music Business & Legal Affairs team, with a particular focus on the back-end licenses they negotiate with rights holders and CMOs (collective management organisations). This Associate role can be based out of our London or Amsterdam offices.
Netflix derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing all aspects of the business, and this is equally applicable to the Music Rights team. The Strategy Planning & Analysis team supports negotiation and deal strategy, guides prioritization efforts, and communicates the financial impact of key decisions across the company. We partner closely with the senior leadership of Netflix who depend heavily on the insights we provide to inform business decisions in this critical and growing area of focus.
The Music Business & Legal Affairs group is an international group with members in offices around the world and is responsible for all of Netflix's global music business affairs, legal affairs and strategy, from the production and licensing of Netflix Originals through to the marketing and distribution of the Netflix service globally.
This exciting and challenging role will primarily support the distribution side of the Music Business & Legal Affairs group which is responsible for structuring and negotiating agreements with collective management organisations (''CMOs'') all over the world. Most of the CMOs that Netflix works with license music rights, but some manage other types of authors' or performers' rights - this role will provide an education on the valuation and licensing of complex IP rights. A central part of the role will be building and managing the financial models to support the CMO team at a global, macro level and for specific deals. This will involve working with internal and external stakeholders, reviewing technical and financial data, and taking ownership of the financial analysis process from start to finish.
Netflix is growing fast with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate will be prepared to regularly ''roll up their sleeves'' to perform more mundane tasks on the same day that they present to the executives of the company.
• Preparing deal valuation analyses (rights valuation, model building, scenario testing etc.) in partnership with the CMO team
• Modeling and forecasting music rights payments as an input into broader company financial planning
• Developing strategic frameworks to guide decision making and prioritization
• Regularly present analyses and reports on financial impact in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
• Compiling post-mortem analyses to identify areas for optimization and improvement
• Working cross-functionally with other Strategy and Finance teams across EMEA region as well as globally
• Curiosity, motivation, discipline, and the ability to work autonomously
• An ability to remain highly organized in a loosely structured, fast-paced environment
• Interest in the entertainment industry (film, television, music); music experience preferred
• Superb financial modeling skills with extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, and an ability to sort through complex data to crystallize business implications
• Extremely high attention to detail
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to build relationships with people across all levels and an present complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
• Prior experience (at least 3 years) in management or economic consulting, investment banking, or an equivalent analytical role
• A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion is essential
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yb9v-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.