Project Control Manager
Los Gatos, CA
Associate, Strategy Planning & Analysis (Corporate Operations)
The Strategy Planning & Analysis (SP&A) team at Netflix is a centralized function that is highly aligned and deeply entrenched within departments throughout the company, partnering with senior leaders in areas of financial planning, forecasting, and strategic analysis. We believe that we derive a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach we take to managing the company. The Corporate SP&A Associate will play a key role in driving analytics that guide critical business decisions, providing actionable insights, strategic analysis and accurate forecasts.
The main focus for this SP&A Associate will be supporting our Corporate Operations groups with a focus in one of the following areas:
• Netflix Technology (N-Tech): The N-Tech team focuses on being the single point of contact across Corporate, Studio, and Animation groups for technology solutions, innovation, operational best practices, and infrastructure build outs.
• Customer Service (CS): The Customer Service team focuses on providing our subscribers around the world with an amazing experience while we get them back to streaming as quickly and easily as possible.
The position reports into the Senior Manager of Corporate Operations SP&A and is based in the Company's corporate headquarters in Los Gatos.
• Collaborate with stakeholders on key strategic, operational, and financial analyses to support decision making
• Performing data analysis and developing insightful dashboards, memos & presentations that summarize the data and provide insights for the business
• Use data to develop strategic frameworks that guide decision making
• Forecast demand across various markets or teams to support short-term staffing decisions and long-term strategic planning, as well as expenses for corporate planning and budgeting purposes (earnings guidance and board of director meetings)
• Must have 4-6 years of experience in a highly analytical environment, preferably in a management/operational consulting firm or a competitive financial/operational rotational program, with extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Must be a self-starter, disciplined to work effectively autonomously, while also collaborating with cross-functional teams.
• A successful candidate will have a strong track record of identifying key questions; defining, performing and coordinating analyses; and communicating findings in a clear and concise way.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and able to frame key questions and the analyses needed to solve complex problems.
• Have the ability to learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Extreme proficiency with MS Excel is expected; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages a plus.
• Experience working with relational databases, data, and reports; SQL, Tableau, and Anaplan knowledge a plus.