The Indie Finance Associate will work closely with the Finance Manager and will help manage the production accounting aspect of our original indie films, be a liaison between the freelance production accounting teams and the studio and provide studio tracking and analysis. You should have strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail. You should also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, you are quick-thinking, adaptable to change, able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time and are self-motivated. You must have the ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment. You will interact with teams like Business & Legal Affairs, Finance, Production, Post Production, Visual FX, Tax and Creative to effectively financially manage the production process.
• Pro-actively set up various finance meetings for each film;
• Track budget drafts and notes
• Onboard new accounting teams to the in-house applications, policies and procedures;
• Track show fundings and schedules and update cash forecasts accordingly
• Manage relationships between payroll companies and production.
• Coordinate the approval of funding requests;
• Coordinate payments for and collaborate with teams like Music and VFX
• Liaise with the internal Production and Creative teams regarding the various film deliveries to ensure payments are made in a timely fashion;
• Liaise with Labor Relations, Tax and the production accountants to facilitate the various audits during production
• Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results
• Candidates must have experience in production accounting as a 1st assistant, 2nd assistant or payroll accountant.
• Candidate must have experience with managing a team and have excellent communication skills.
• It is preferable, but not necessary, that the candidate has the ability to read and understand things like cost reports, legal contracts and articulate issues using creative, production or financial context.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check on you prior to starting with us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k4o9-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.