Senior Generalist, Employee Services
The Production Finance team at Netflix is responsible for estimating and managing the production costs throughout the lifecycle of each production and provides insight and analytics to inform decision-making. The team understands the operations of a production and guides each project through its financial workflows required for a successful launch on the service.
The Associate, Production Finance will be part of our Local Language Originals team for the DACH region (Germany, Austria and Switzerland). This role will support the Production Finance Manager and cross-functional teams (Creative, Physical Production, Post, VFX and BALA) protecting company financial exposure through production oversight and controls.
This Associate will be part of a highly aligned cross-functional team which moves quickly within a constantly changing environment. This is an exciting opportunity to work on Netflix Original content for the region such as Dark, Biohackers and How to sell Drugs (Fast). This role will be based out of our Berlin office.
• Work effectively and decisively within the Netflix Local Language Originals team to coordinate with third party production companies who are producing local content for Netflix
• Update production finance information in Netflix systems, including: tracking and processing production fundings, tracking payments and consolidating finance information with other teams including Production Tax, Residuals and Content Accounting
• Analyzing and reviewing cost reports and budgets for tracking throughout the life-cycle of a production, including communication with third party production companies on eventual variances
• Establish and maintain close contact to third party production companies and be their point of contact in all financial matters
• Help and guide third party production companies' accounting teams to implement new procedures and adjust to the Netflix reporting requirements.
• Ensure regional laws and financial regulations are followed by our production partners (i.e. fringes and employment regulations)
• Maintain close relationships with cross functional team members and other regional offices to guarantee a high level of alignment in our fast growing slate.
• Be an integral part in the research and development of new technologies and software, that will influence the next generation of production finance tools
• Ad hoc projects as needed
• Candidates must have at least 5+ years of accounting/finance experience within the Entertainment business
• Proficiency in Excel and proven experience with various software applications
• Knowledge in production accounting/financial systems
• Candidates must thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
• Must display a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results
• Must exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis utilizing financial applications
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in German and English required
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments.