Manager / Junior Manager, PR & Social Media
Netflix aspires to provide great entertainment for people everywhere from the world's best creators across movies, TV series, documentaries, comedy and more. Our members have control over what they watch, when and where, all with no commercials. It's an amazing time to join the Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment. If you are a talented public relations executive with a passion for content and entertainment, keep reading!
About the Role
We're looking to hire a creative and self-motivated entertainment enthusiast, to join a lean but mighty team that champions Netflix stories and enhances our reputation across Asia-Pacific. You will have an instinctive ability to tell stories and think strategically. You'll need to be curious and open-minded, but cool under fire. You'll also need to build and maintain trust and stellar relationships with internal and external partners. And you will need to be able to work with teams in different functions across various countries in the region.
To succeed in this role you will need:
• An entrepreneurial mindset, given the pace at which we operate;
• A willingness to think from first principles, challenge established wisdom, and remain level-headed amidst varying and contradicting perspectives;
• A heart and passion for entertainment;
• The ability to execute campaigns and initiatives in conjunction with country marketing, content, public policy and communications teams;
• An always inquisitive mindset and love of trying new things;
• High standards in everything you do (we aspire to be excellent);
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get work done;
• The ability to ruthlessly prioritize and work across a wide range of issues and campaigns; and
• A deep understanding of the specific cultural needs and nuances of countries across APAC.
• Experience living and working in APAC is a must.
• Developing and delivering (end-to-end) strategic PR campaigns that establish Netflix as a force for good, both proactively and reactively, to protect and enhance Netflix's reputation in the region;
• Working alongside the regional communications and publicity teams to champion our content narratives that include: ''More people deserve to see their lives reflected on screen'' and; ''Great stories can come from anywhere and be loved everywhere''
• Supporting region-wide policy related announcements and/or campaigns, corporate announcements, and other special projects that helps elevate Netflix's reputation in the policy and content spheres;
• Building allies across the macro-economic, business, entertainment and industry-focused APAC and international press community
• Handling issues related to sensitive content, regulations, tax, and litigation.
The successful candidate will likely:
• 7+ years experience in communications, media, journalism, policy, and/ or agency;
• The ability to speak and write English fluently is important - an additional Asian language is an advantage;
• Some experience in the entertainment or tech industry would be ideal;
• Familiarity with the policy and cultural issues that impact companies working in the entertainment and technology space across APAC;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and juggle multiple tasks at once; and
• Strong press relationships.
The role will require approximately 30-40% travel across the APAC region.