Manager, Strategy Planning & Analysis
Los Gatos, CA
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
The Payments Strategy Planning & Analysis (SP&A) team is looking for an Associate based in Los Gatos, California that will focus on Payment Cost Analytics and join the broader Payments team managing our global consumer payments. In this role, you are going to lead day-to-day efforts to monitor, audit, and analyze our payment processing cost. You will be part of the team responsible for driving business insights from payments data, managing payment-related fraud, and ultimately supporting development of Netflix payments strategy - with a focus on Cost Analytics.
• Monitor payment cost metrics, identify trends, and develop ad-hoc analyses explaining changes over time
• Develop analyses to help identify new opportunities for cost savings with key vendors and strategic payment partners
• Ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting
• Conduct regular audits to ensure the payment processing fees are correctly applied as per contract details and ecosystem rules
• Discover and recommend changes to payment processing systems to improve cost efficiency
• Monitor ecosystem changes, industry trends, card network programs, activities in the acquiring space, as well as internal processes to help inform cost optimization strategies
• Work cross-functionally (finance, data analytics, engineering, etc.) to support implementation of cost data reporting systems, define and maintain payment cost performance metrics
• Lead and support analyses to measure the impact of changes within ecosystem (price increases among other factors) on our cost metrics
• Netflix is growing fast with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate will be prepared to regularly ''roll up their sleeves'' to perform more mundane tasks on the same day that they present to the executives of the company. Candidates must be curious, motivated, disciplined, and able to work autonomously.
• Must have excellent analytical skills, including ability to use business intelligence tools (like Tableau), build spreadsheet models and analyses, and sort through complex data to crystallize business implications
• Extremely high attention to details
• Able to remain highly organised in a loosely structured, fast-paced environment
• Experience and comfort with an high degree of freedom and responsibility
• Industry knowledge of payment processing cost (e.g. scheme/interchange fees), recurring billing, and general ecommerce is preferred, but not required. However, curiosity and interest in the consumer payments landscape is a must.
• Strong project management and great collaboration skills across multiple functional areas
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field preferred
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.