The Netflix experience is available across a wide variety of devices such as Smart TVs, set top boxes, game consoles, and mobile phones. Our reach, ease-of-use, and subscriber growth have been propelled by strong partnerships with many of the world's leading telcos and consumer electronics companies. This role will focus specifically on our consumer electronics partners (Smart TV, Set Top Box/Streaming Stick, Game Consoles) through which the Netflix app is available.
The Partnerships SP&A team is responsible for evaluating opportunities and analyzing the performance of existing partnerships. Partnerships impact millions of members, and the outcome of our analyses plays a critical role in the growth and strategy of Netflix.
During negotiations, we provide guidance to the Business Development team using data and analysis. When partnerships are launched, we monitor their performance and search for areas of improvement. We also work closely with the Product team to determine which changes in the Netflix experience could improve the partnerships' impact.
• Evaluating the financial impact of partnership opportunities (e.g., Netflix app preinstalled on Smart TV's)
• Financial projections and scenario modeling
• Risk identification and mitigation strategies
• Advising the Business Development and Partner Solutions teams based on the results of analyses
• Analyzing the performance of existing partnerships to extract actionable insights (e.g., best practices, areas of improvement)
• Creating insightful presentations that facilitate decision-making for internal stakeholders and our external partners
• Partnering with the Product team to help identify, prioritize and assess the impact of app placement and launch points
• Providing inputs to other teams working on partnerships related initiatives (e.g. Consumer Insights, Corporate FP&A, Payments, etc.)
• Develop consumer electronic expertise, understanding relative regional performance of different devices and their product-market fit for Netflix
• 4-6 years of experience, ideally in management consulting or similar field
• Extensive experience conducting quantitative analysis that leads to actionable insights
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills, but also able to work independently
• Adept at managing multiple projects and stakeholders on a regular basis
• Skilled in preparing effective presentations with clear narrative
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong Excel and google sheets skills (mandatory)
• Proficiency with Tableau and SQL
• Bachelor's or master's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature
• MBA a plus
This role will be based in Los Gatos and report to the Director of Partnerships SP&A - Global Consumer Electronics and Platform partners. The role may include limited travels (a few days per year) to partner locations around the globe.
Candidates are required to be highly analytical and effective communicators. Prior experience in management consulting or an equivalent analytical role is strongly preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of performing comprehensive analyses independently and proactively. She/he/they must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7eknp-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.