The Corporate FP&A team at Netflix is responsible for company-wide financial planning, forecasting, and strategic analysis. Financial planning at Netflix is spread across teams that are functionally aligned (e.g., there's a Content planning team that focuses on planning/forecasting for Content, a Marketing planning team that focuses on Marketing, and so on). The Corporate FP&A team partners closely with all of these teams, among others, to pull together a comprehensive consolidated financial and operational outlook, and plays a key role in creating the analysis and reporting for senior leadership to understand how the company is performing at the global consolidated level.
We're looking for an Associate who will work closely with senior FP&A leadership and play a critical role in managing and refining the global planning process. The position is based in our corporate headquarters in Los Gatos and reports to the Senior Manager, FP&A, Corporate.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Play a key role in updating and maintaining the company's corporate-level forecast consolidation of the global P&L and cash flow. This includes partnering with FP&A colleagues embedded in Content, Product, and other functions to understand the business forecast and drivers.
• Maintain and refine the consolidated global cash flow forecast and key inputs including capex, depreciation, and interest models.
• Aid Tax in distilling the global P&L into regional and entity-level forecasts for global effective tax rate (ETR) and cash tax forecasts.
• Regularly craft presentations (quarter-end earnings and Board meetings) and summarize data for Finance leadership to facilitate decision-making.
• Update and refine long-range planning models used to help establish budgets, capital allocations, and to align the company on key financial objectives.
• Support ad hoc analysis and special projects as needed including FX and hedging, share repurchase/capital structure, and maintaining an internal valuation model, etc.
• Help modernize and automate the consolidated forecasting process, and create insights on the company's financial and operational performance
• 3-5 years of experience in Investment Banking/Equity Research, Consulting, or prior FP&A/Strategic Finance at a large company.
• It's critical to have a strong understanding of (and passion for!) financial statement analysis and the interaction between the financial statements
• Extensive experience conducting quantitative/ financial analysis and developing recommendations
• Deep understanding of key accounting concepts, and experience developing/automating financial forecast models and management reports on financial/operational performance
• Extremely proficient with Excel, PowerPoint
• Experience working with large data sets, SQL and Tableau knowledge a plus
• Extremely detail-oriented
• Experience with financial planning tools (e.g., TM1, Essbase, Anaplan, etc.)
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $60,000 - $290,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6vj28-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.