Director, Content Financial Planning & Analysis - Animation
Los Angeles, CA
The Creative Production Strategy Planning & Analysis (SP&A) team is looking for an Associate based in Los Angeles that will focus on financial planning and analysis (FP&A). This Associate will partner with our Creative Production Team, which sits at the intersection of Content, Marketing and Product at Netflix, and prides itself on innovative ways to deliver creative excellence at Netflix scale, while finding efficiencies for Netflix in cost, time, and resources. Creative Production leadership relies on the FP&A function to accurately forecast expenses as well as inform important business decisions with actionable insights into expense trends.
The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter with tremendous skills in working and communicating with cross-functional partners who have different backgrounds, levels, and experiences. He/She/They will be able to manage complex work streams that involve multiple stakeholders, and build strong relationships across teams. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
• Own long and short term financial forecasts for Creative Production
• Create and improve workflows with stakeholders and financial systems to improve forecast accuracy, scale forecasting and reporting tools
• Creative insightful presentations to summarize analyses and facilitate decision-making for leadership
• Build strong relationships with stakeholders and be able to effectively communicate tracking to forecasts and insights into expense trends with recommendations on next steps
• Develop financial metrics and analyses to help our business partners measure and improve efficiency within their teams
• Contribute to build-out of forecast models and budget reporting into planning system
• Partner cross-functionally with other SP&A teams (e.g., Product Platform, Content), Finance Operations, Accounting, Marketing, and Creative Production teams
• 2+ years of relevant experience at a top management consulting firm, investment bank, or in a financial/strategy/analytical role. Prior experience at a media/entertainment/tech company is highly preferred
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably Finance, Business, Economics or a related field
• Strong talent for crafting and presenting data-driven analyses and insights to stakeholders of all levels and backgrounds.
• Motivated and disciplined to work effectively and autonomously
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and tolerate ambiguity and shifting requirements
• Highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Superior proficiency with Excel and complex financial modeling
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.