Integrated Planning Manager - APAC
The Content Strategy & Analysis team is looking for an Associate to join its Korea team in Seoul. Content Strategy & Analysis is the team in charge of the valuation and analytical strategy behind our content buying and original content decisions for Korean content. The team works cross-functionally to translate the incredible amount of data at Netflix into financial and strategic decisions regarding the production and acquisition of TV shows and films. Content Strategy & Analysis also evaluates the general programming and content strategy, in addition to leading competitive analysis. We partner closely with the senior leadership of Netflix who depend heavily on the strategic insights we provide to inform critical business decisions across the company.
This person will have a high degree of visibility with senior management who uses the team's analysis and insights to inform important business decisions and a broad cross-functional relationship with various teams working on Korean content.
This role will reside in Netflix's Seoul office and involves close coordination with members of the CS&A team in both Asia and the US. You will report to the Manager, Content Strategy & Analysis for Korea, based in Seoul.
• Lead deal analysis and valuation of new projects in partnership with the Content Creative and Acquisition teams.
• Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators.
• Understand the economics of shows and build relevant financial models for our investment decisions.
• Develop deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities.
• Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders.
• Compiling thoughtful post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement.
• Working cross-functionally with other CS&A teams globally as well as Product, Marketing, Consumer Insights, and Data Science team.
• 3-6 years of experience in a top management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, hedge fund, and/or media/entertainment/tech company in a strategy/business development/analytical role. We are looking for candidates that have worked in a highly-demanding environment in which complex modeling and analysis is performed.
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be a strong, effective communicator with experience presenting complex analyses to executives/ senior management.
• He/She must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics. Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, and flexible.
• Superb problem solving and analytical skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Exceptional financial modeling skills and proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis tools.
• Passion and familiarity with Korean content and the entertainment industry is a strong plus
• Strong communication skills to deliver concise presentations and solid people skill to work with various cross-functional teams and build collaborative relationships are strong plus
• Genuine passion and excitement for Netflix's unique culture
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation. MBA is a plus but not required.
• Fluent in both English and Korean. Korean fluency is mandatory, English fluency is a strong plus
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.