Production Finance Analyst
Mexico City, CDM
The Content Planning & Analysis group is looking for an Associate to focus on Financial Planning & Analysis for Latin American content. This role will be a critical and integrated business partner to the content acquisition teams based in both Mexico as well as Brazil. They will be responsible for financial planning and analytics for the company's rapidly expanding programming initiatives. This position will reside within the company's Mexico City office.
• Support near-term and long-term P&L and Cash forecasts across a broad range of content categories including Original Local Language TV and Film productions for/from Latin America (including Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, etc.)
• Prepare guidance and financial update materials for Content leads and the Corporate FP&A team to identify tradeoffs and potential shortfalls or surpluses.
• Maintain a schedule of estimated future contractual commitments for accurate disclosure in financial statements and proper capital planning.
• Work with senior leadership within the content organization to translate strategic initiatives into a multi-year roadmap with complete cost and capital requirements.
• Prepare dynamic scenario analysis to facilitate discussion when faced with economic trade-offs.
• Forecast programming flow and analytics to plan for long-term programming health across markets.
• Develop KPIs, metrics, and dashboards to understand current and future programming mix.
• Provide recommendations on how to adjust future spending to track towards investment goals across content categories and geographies.
• Improve workflows to scale with the growth in original productions.
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators.
• Prior experience in financial planning & analysis in the entertainment industry, corporate finance, or investment banking is preferred.
• Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and delivering actionable recommendations based on that analysis.
• The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level executives. He/She must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• 3+ years of relevant FP&A experience. Prior experience in Media / Entertainment Financial Planning & Analysis preferred.
• Extensive experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis.
• Must have proficiency working with systems and automated reporting tools (i.e., Hyperion, SAP, Workday financials, etc.). Financial systems development experience a plus.
• Superior proficiency in Excel, complex financial modeling.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluent in Spanish and English.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with strong academic performance.
• Extensive knowledge of Latin American markets a plus.