Production Finance Associate
Associate, Content Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) - Japan
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Content Planning & Analysis group is looking for a Associate to focus on Financial Planning & Analysis for Japanese content including Anime. This role will be a critical and integrated business partner to the Japan and Anime content acquisition teams and be responsible for financial planning and analytics for the company's rapidly expanding programming initiatives. This position will reside within the company's Tokyo office.
• Support near-term and long-term P&L and Cash forecasts across a broad range of content categories including Original Local Language TV and Film Productions for/from Japan and Anime markets.
• Prepare guidance and financial update materials for Content leads and Corporate FP&A team to identify tradeoffs and potential shortfalls or surpluses.
• Maintain schedule of estimated future contractual commitments for accurate disclosure in financial statements and proper capital planning.
• Partner with finance team to review and modify accounting policies related to amortization and allocation of content rights.
• Work with senior leadership within the content organization to translate strategic initiatives into multi-year roadmap with complete cost and capital requirements.
• Prepare dynamic scenario analysis to facilitate discussion when faced with economic trade-offs.
• Forecast programming flow and analytics to plan for long-term programming health across markets.
• Develop KPIs, metrics and dashboards to understand current and future programming mix.
• Provide recommendations on how to adjust future spending to track towards investment goals across content categories and geographies.
• Improve workflows to scale with the growth in original productions.
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators.
• Prior experience in financial planning & analysis in the entertainment industry, corporate finance, investment banking, or public accounting is preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and delivering actionable recommendations based on this analysis.
• The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level executives. He/She must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• 4+ years of relevant experience. Prior experience in Media / Entertainment Financial Planning & Analysis preferred.
• Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis.
• Must have proficiency working with systems and automated reporting tools (i.e., Hyperion, SAP, Workday financials, etc.). Financial systems development experience a plus.
• Superior proficiency with Excel; complex financial modeling.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluent in Japanese and English.
• 4-year degree in relevant field with strong academic performance, MBA preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of Japan and Anime markets a plus.
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees.
Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.