Android Software Engineer (L5) - Viewing & Identity Core
Netflix is the world's leading streaming video service, with more than 200 million members in over 190 countries - and growing rapidly. On our cross-platform UI team, we work to help members connect with stories they'll love. You will work on product features and client architecture innovations on our flagship Android Mobile Application. We love every minute of the complex engineering and product challenges that come with delighting our members at this scale.
The Viewing & Identity Core team is responsible for building features and solutions that power innovation in Netflix's player UI and member identity across Android, iOS, Web & TV. We uniquely sit at the intersection of Product and Client Infrastructure:
1. We bring the next generation of immersive product experiences to life in close partnership with several cross-functional teams.
2. We build the Client & UI capabilities, features, and architecture to enable teams to craft & ship rich, performant product experiences.
People who excel on our team are growth-oriented, intensely curious, selfless, and collaborative.
What you'll be doing
• Collaborate cross-functionally with product, design, and engineering partners to scope project roadmaps to build delightful and accessible user experiences.
• Architect maintainable, performant Android client code with effective documentation that can be leveraged by Android developers on other teams.
• Help drive consistency and simplicity of client code to accelerate AB experimentation velocity and maintain high product quality.
• Build experimentation-driven product features, core UI infrastructure & systems, and define best practices.
• Architect code for testability and write automated tests to help uphold product quality on a high commit volume code base.
• Keep a pulse on cutting-edge Android technologies and software engineering practices, modernizing the code base to accelerate innovation velocity, while upholding high product quality.
What sets you apart
• Self-starter comfortable with identifying opportunities and driving forward-looking technical solutions or roadmaps.
• Effective at developing strong relationships with cross-functional teams through clear communication, curiosity, and selflessness.
• Taking a thoughtful, practical approach to problem-solving that considers tradeoffs and avoids over-engineering.
• Strives to elevate the knowledge and skills of yourself, and others in a way that fosters an inclusive, collaborative environment.
• Deep understanding of the technical landscape of Android development and can introduce new paradigms and practices.
• Comfortable navigating new or different languages and technology stacks (eg. Node.js, GraphQL, etc).
• Deeply cares about the quality & performance of the product shipped.
• Work with other high-performing, inclusive, and supportive engineers who are invested in each other's growth
• Solve technical challenges and deploy solutions to serve the best-in-class streaming experience to millions of users worldwide
• Help evolve the way people watch content online and connect with Netflix
• The Netflix culture. Not just a memo, but something we practice daily
We are part of a global, diverse organization that includes people of all genders, sexual orientations, upbringings, nationalities, ages, and socioeconomic & educational backgrounds. We encourage anyone who is passionate about building compelling mobile experiences that touch audiences around the world to apply.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 - $700,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x5k9-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.