Tax Accounting and Compliance Analyst
We are seeking a Trade Compliance Analyst to join our growing Trade Compliance Legal team based out of our Amsterdam office. We are also open to having this person based in any of our regional offices. This position is an Individual Contributor role, responsible for ensuring that goods, software, and technology are imported and exported in compliance with applicable government laws and regulations.
A successful candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail at all times. This role is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who has a can-do attitude and is a positive thinker able to exercise sound judgment and communication.
• Support the day-to-day EMEA import & export activities of Netflix, engaging with internal logistics and compliance teams, customs brokers, Carnets, and 4PL vendors.
• Manage HTS and ECCN classification reviews and determinations
• Support the trade compliance team in determining the import/export requirements, regional POA management, and other critical import trade compliance functions.
• Ensure compliance with Carnets and temporary import regimes around the world
• Oversee the maintenance of regional import/export documentation (commercial invoices, entry paperwork, licenses, permits, and tariff rulings, etc.)
• Manage ad-hoc compliance reviews, internal self-assessments, vendor QBRs, and Customs broker vetting.
• Monitoring of Regional Customs and Trade Compliance Regulatory Changes
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience as an importer, exporter, Customs broker, or in a similar industry position dealing with trade compliance and Customs matters
• Extensive (practical) experience with EU Customs regulationsGood understanding of the EU-Dual-Use regulations and US-EAR regulations
• Experience using Global Trade Management (GTM) systems as part of the classification, licensing, export/import management, and denied party screening
• Entertainment supply chain experience is a plus
• Fluent or business proficiency in English required
• Data-driven mindset and ability to analyze and utilize data
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace