Netflix is one of the world's leading entertainment services with 260 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
As Netflix continues to grow and expand, we are looking for a talented team member to join the EMEA Tax Team in Amsterdam. The position will be responsible for preparing and reviewing various indirect tax returns and will work on process and data improvements. The position will report to the Manager, EMEA Indirect Tax. The candidate will be working closely with the rest of the tax and finance teams in Amsterdam as well as various other stakeholders, both in EMEA and other regions.
The ideal candidate has a strong fit with the Netflix values and culture, can collaborate well across the organization and has a hands-on mentality. We're looking for someone with a tax and accounting background that can assist with our reporting and compliance obligations for our EMEA entities.
The main responsibilities are:
• Ensure accurate and timely submission of Indirect tax returns (mainly VAT, but including WHT, property tax and DST)
• Monitoring tax accounts positions and performing account reconciliations for EMEA entities
• Assist with day-to-day Indirect tax queries from other departments and tax authorities.
• Support projects from Indirect tax compliance perspective e.g. new businesses set-up, changes in legislations, automation, etc..
• Identifying and providing recommendations to streamline/automate the indirect tax processes
This role is based out of Netflix's EMEA headquarter in Amsterdam. Relevant experience in the areas mentioned will be key when applying for the role.
We are looking for someone who is:
• A self-starter, who is able to work effectively and autonomously
• A great communicator who can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal teams
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting tight deadlines
• Proactive, hands-on and innovative
• Curious and enthusiastic, unafraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
• Accurate and detail-oriented
• Flexible to collaborate with our International offices across multiple time zones
Education and Experience
• 4+ years of experience in dealing with month-end close and indirect tax compliance
• A combination of in-house experience and public accounting or consultancy experience is preferred
• Experience working with international accounting and indirect tax requirements
• Undergraduate or Advanced degree in Tax, Finance or Accounting
• Advanced MS Excel and Google Sheets experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements and automation
• Fluent in English, other regional languages are helpful
• Experience with Workday Financials or other (cloud-based) ERP systems
• Experience in the entertainment/tech industry is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnn26m-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.