Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more.
The Accounting team is looking for a manager to lead all aspects of Studio Operations and Creative Production, including expenses, accruals, intercompany transactions and M&A integration in this space. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of US GAAP, proven experience scaling processes and the ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional partners.
• Lead, develop and mentor a team of accountants and senior accountants
• Design policies, procedures and controls to drive efficiency and accuracy under US GAAP
• Lead a timely and accurate financial close process, review close deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, commitments, disclosures, etc) and summarize financial results for management reporting
• Support onboarding of M&A companies to Netflix's systems and close processes.
• Partner with the Financial Applications team and to manage systems and improve workflows
• Drive innovation and scale manual processes across the accounting organization
• Develop strong cross-functional relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders including Studio Operations, Creative Production, Legal, FP&A, Consolidations, Procurement Ops and Tax
• Align with accounting teams outside of the US to assist with local reporting compliance
• Represent Operations Accounting in the implementation of cross-functional projects
• 8+ years relevant experience; a mix of public accounting and corporate accounting experience is preferred
• Solid understanding of US GAAP
• CPA or similar designation preferred
• Strong leadership skills with experience developing and mentoring others
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple tight deadlines
• Excellent communicator who can build cross-functional relationships and is comfortable providing direct feedback
• Proven experience building processes and scaling workflows
• Experience with Workday or other cloud-based ERP system is a plus
• Experience with M&A integration is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r72o5q-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.