At Netflix, we want to connect our members to their next favorite story. We believe incredible stories should be enjoyed by all of our members, regardless of language, device, connectivity, or ability. We recognize the importance of representation on screen, and of the accessibility of our service. We also know that there is room for us to improve.
The Accessibility Lead will drive Netflix's accessibility strategy and execution for Netflix's consumer experiences. This person will leverage deep functional and technical knowledge of accessibility advancements in digital products across the world to partner with legal and policy teams and drive a coordinated execution strategy of accessibility for Netflix's consumer experiences.
• Interface with Netflix's external partners in the accessibility space
• Use external input mixed with the best interest for the consumer to define a roadmap for overall accessibility work in Netflix's consumer experience
• Bridge research, design, user experience, and engineering workflows to manage an overall accessibility strategy for Netflix consumer products
• Leverage product and SW engineering experience to organize efforts and prioritize across teams and devices (Web, TV, and Mobile)
• Improve Netflix's approach to building products with every member in mind - it's everyone's job but they'll all be better at it because of this person
• Guide the education of accessibility best practices across teams at Netflix
The Ideal Candidate
• 7+ years of experience in product management, technical program management, software engineering, or leading software development projects.
• Experience launching accessible features and products at scale.
• Technical knowledge of digital accessibility features and engineering best practices for web and mobile. TV experience is a plus.
• Experience in inclusive design practices.
• Experience interacting with or participating in accessibility communities and working groups.
• Proven record of the development of strategic roadmaps across a variety of platforms.
• Experience with A/B testing and strong analytical skills for turning data into actionable insights.
• Able to identify gaps in solutions, debate technical approaches, see various perspectives.
• Can devise and apply various approaches to the execution of complex initiatives.
• Experience coordinating across many independent tracks of work, organizations.
• Can balance strategic and tactical efforts to make tough calls and broadly communicate the decision framework.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to build accessibility-friendly features and experiences through influence versus control.
• As comfortable speaking technically as speaking non-technically and able to bridge between the two.
• Track record of advocacy for the disability community is preferred.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, various assistive technologies.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1jx0-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.