Assignment Desk Editor
Fort Worth, TX
The Vice President of Technology & Operations is responsible for the overall oversight of the local TechOps department and serves as the key engagement lead to other Enterprise groups to ensure successful delivery of these services to their internal client groups. The VP of Technology & Operations is also responsible for local management of the NBCUniversal Business Continuity and Environmental Health & Safety programs. The role is located Dallas / Ft. Worth, TX.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide the highest possible ''quality of service'' by providing technical and operations excellence for the local operations, enabling them to provide compelling news, programming and service to its viewers, clients and partners.
• Lead the development and the efficient implementation of the business' technology strategies including development and execution of the annual capital plan and management of multiple large-scale projects.
• Lead, mentor and develop the performance of the technical and operations teams including technology, media operations, and production operations.
• Drive innovation and efficiency through the identification and implementation of internal operational synergies and overall leadership.
• Coordinate production, technology and facility needs across all departments and local businesses.
• Lead stations' Environment Health & Safety efforts and related reporting systems. Insure compliance with NBCUniversal EHS overall programs, goals and objectives.
• Prepare and maintain department budgets, forecasts, plans and reports.
• Oversee the purchasing of equipment and the coordination of the stations' technological planning and development.
• Maintain relationships with vendors, and local distribution partners.
• Support all operational areas of the stations and their various programming platforms: News, Digital, Sales, Creative Services and Community Investment.
• Actively participate in stations' management staff meetings and weekly DOT calls with Division staff.
• Minimum 10 years of proven Technology or Technical Operations leadership experience
• Track record of success developing and operating a large-scale enterprise technology function at a media, telecommunications or Fortune 500 Company.
• Expert knowledge of news, operations, project management, broadcast production, technology and finance
• A proven track record supporting a high-end news organization within a top 5 market
• Must be a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage and delegate.
• Prior broadcast television station experience desired
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proven track record as a manager of large teams with strong ability to develop teams, leaders and a positive culture of accountability
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage competing efforts and deadlines on a continuous basis
• Willingness to travel and work outside standard hours, and on weekends with short notice
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• BA or BS College Degree or related work experience, Master's Degree or MBA preferred