Master Control Operator
Sinclair Broadcast Group
The NBC Tower Chicago Broadcast Operations and Technology Department (BO&T) provides Technical Support, Engineering, Media Operations, Productions, Studios and Facilities services for internal clients for the local portfolio of NBCU Owned Television Stations WMAQ and WSNS as well as NBC Sports Chicago and studio clients, including the Judge Mathis Show. The Technology team has responsibility for partnering with our local and division teams to build, deploy and support the technical systems used throughout the facility.
The Vice President of Technology & Operations is responsible for the overall oversight of the local TechOps department and also serves as the key engagement lead to other Enterprise groups to ensure successful delivery of these services to their internal client groups. The VP of Technology & Operations is also responsible for local management of the NBCUniversal Business Continuity and Environmental Health & Safety programs.
• Provide the highest possible ''quality of service'' by providing technical and operations excellence for the local operations, enabling them to provide compelling news, programming and service to its viewers, clients and partners.
• Lead the development and the efficient implementation of the business' long-term technology strategies including development and execution of organizational development; the annual capital plan and management of multiple complex large-scale projects.
• Lead, mentor and develop the performance of the technical and operations teams including technology, media operations, and production operations.
• Drive innovation and efficiency through the identification and implementation of internal operational synergies and overall leadership.
• Coordinate production, technology and facility needs across all departments and local businesses.
• Lead stations' Environment Health & Safety efforts and related reporting systems. Ensure compliance with NBCUniversal EHS overall programs, goals and objectives.
• Prepare and maintain department budgets, forecasts, plans and reports.
• Oversee the purchasing of equipment and the coordination of the stations' technological planning and development.
• Maintain relationships with vendors, and local distribution partners.
• Support all operational areas of the stations and their various programming platforms: News, Digital, Sales, Creative Services and Community Investment.
• Actively participate in stations' management staff meetings and weekly DOT calls with Division staff.
• Minimum of 10 years of Technology and Production Operations experience within the media and entertainment industry.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience leading large teams within a matrixed organization; proven track record in the ability to recruit, develop, and retain top talent and instilling a culture of positive accountability.
• Must have demonstrated positive track record of working with unions directly or within union environment.
• Strong leader and persuasive communicator with a vision; proven ability to self-motivate, work independently as well as collaboratively and motivate and inspire a team.
• Demonstrated expertise with a broad range of production technologies and the ability to grow and adapt to new technologies as they develop.
• Demonstrated a dedication to building and maintaining high-performance technical environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of news, operations, project management, broadcast production, technology and finance.
• Proven track record supporting a high-end news organization within a top 10 market highly preferred.
• Effortless collaborator and expert communicator who can work well within cross-functional teams.
• Ability to drive multiple projects and to work on a collaborative basis with other business leaders.
• Prior television station experience is a plus.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71nj6-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.