Manager, Strategic Planning & Analytics
Universal City, CA
VP, Premium Unscripted Development will report to and work with the EVP, Development Programming and will manage aspects of non scripted programming.
• Identify, develop, produce, and sell original, premium non-scripted programs and formats.
• Identify, develop and produce non-fiction podcasts
• Drive growth in development and program sales
• Actively identify and introduce new writers & producers to the studio with the potential for future development
• Build & maintain relationships with buyers/networks, writers, producers, directors, agents/managers, & other prodcos
• Serve as a studio liaison with our internal cable networks (Bravo, E!, Oxygen, Syfy, etc.).
• Develop short to long-term creative non-scripted objectives for the studio
• Minimum 10 years' experience at a network, TV studio, or production company working in a creative capacity
• Proven track record of developing and producing non-scripted hit television shows in multiple genres, including premium non-fiction content
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Proven ability to find new, fresh non-scripted material and generate unique non-scripted program
• Proven ability to cultivate productive, deep, and long-lasting relationships with broadcast and cable development executives/buyers, unscripted TV showrunners, producers, directors, agents, and managers.
• Clear history of thriving in a high-volume, fast-paced, innovative, high energy, and collaborative environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree is preferred.