As a marketplace leader, NBCUniversal Advertising Sales & Partnerships prides itself on its success in building solutions which have helped to reshape the industry. In 2022, a key priority of Ad Sales is to elevate our industry-leading team of Insights and Research professionals by providing the marketplace with a deep understanding of consumer perceptions and behaviors designed to help our clients meet their business objectives.
In response to this business goal, we have organized the Insights & Research team to focus on areas of expertise and of value to our clients. The Vice President of Media Engagement, with their team, will produce research that examines as well as understands how content and contextual relevance influences brand affinity for advertising partners, as well as how the connection to NBCU's intellectual property impacts the customer journey. This role will require an individual who excels at turning data into a narrative.
The VP will be responsible for leading a team of researchers who will set the strategy and develop an annual calendar of insights for distribution, internally and externally. This leader should be as comfortable on a stage sharing their research at conferences as they are working in a spreadsheet interfacing with senior-level internal stakeholders as well as clients.
You should be interested in this role if you feel passionate about TV content and its ability to ignite consumer loyalty, buzz, and engagement, for both viewers and brands. You should agree that Sponsorships in strong IP provide opportunities for brands to connect across many touchpoints that are integrated in culture. This is a role for someone curious, who wants to continue learning, to work at the forefront of the evolving video ecosystem and to collaborate with exceptional colleagues.
• Partner with the SVP of Insights & Research to develop a roadmap for Media Engagement insights, aligned with NBCU Sales goals and client objectives
• Insights writing for industry distribution in the form of white papers, blog posts, infographics and/or go-to-market presentations
• Lead the Media Engagement team by fostering a positive and inclusive culture, provide ongoing learning as well as growth opportunities
• Partner with the Primary Research team in the development of proprietary research to understand attitudes toward and motivations of content engagement
• Interface across the many sales and NBCU business units (marketing, strategy, corporate communications) on various initiatives that relate to external-facing insights
• Generate demand of NBCU content IP and sponsorships through proactive insights
• Holistic Sponsorship evaluation among priority content to support the value of sponsorships and create new GTM narratives
• 10+ years' experience in consumer insights, media research, and digital analytics
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Bachelor's Degree desired, Master's Degree preferred in relevant field (Business, Market/Consumer Research, Marketing, or related field)
• Experience directly leading a team
• Effective presenter and clear communicator
• Strong writing skills – ability to take data and transform it into salient trends and insights
• Ability to cultivate strong relationships using interpersonal skills, inclusive of past success managing clients/stakeholders and vendors
• Outstanding project management and time management skills
• Understanding of quantitative/qualitative research methodologies, survey design and analysis
• Experience partnering with a fast-paced, high performing sales team and comfortable in a client-facing role / presenting directly to external parties
• Proficiency with TV/digital applications; syndicated research tools i.e. Nielsen, TV Brand Effect, MRI
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkzjbk-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.