The VP, Development will report to and work with the SVP, Head of Development to develop new broadcast, cable and streaming series for Universal Content Productions.
• Field pitches, identify trends, and help establish the strategic development goals
• Develop new programming, including identifying and securing new talent for projects in development
• Identify new business opportunities, pursuing potential deals where appropriate
• Identifying and pursing IP opportunities across all media
• Find develop and pitch new material to senior management
• Provide notes on stories, outlines, scripts and cuts for projects in development
• Introduce new writers with the potential for future development
• Work with Business Affairs to close talent and production deals
• Work with UCP Production, Executive Producers and network/streaming outlet to ensure concepts are fully realized in production.
• Supervise the production of multiple pilots/series
• Work with Executive Producers and UCP Production to solve budget issues.
• Build and maintain relationships with executives, producers, directors, and production companies
• Serve as liaison between production and other network departments including publicity, marketing, finance, etc.
• Minimum 10 years of narrative scripted series experience in development
• Experience with pitching, presenting, and selling content
• Experience with high end content, bigger budgets and extensive production experience
• Creative and passionate
• Innovative and entrepreneurial
• Experience in television development and production
• Strong relationships with Agents, Managers, writers and producers
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high energy environment
• Team player who works well with others
• Knowledge of basic web technology
• Leadership and mentoring skills
• Experience in evaluating incoming pitches as well as developing pitches to take to market.
• Bachelor's degree is preferred
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1nv20-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.