The Vice President (VP), Corporate Communications will serve as a key partner to the Vice Chairman and Executive Vice President (EVP)of Publicity. The VP will be responsible for supporting the brand narrative of Focus Features by building and managing external profiles of key business leaders including managing communications activities for the Focus Features' senior leadership team. The VP, will take a leadership role in the crafting of key internal and external communications as well as lead various projects including shaping press releases, media alerts, planting stories, managing executive profiles and list submissions, generating briefing notes, talking points, speeches, and Q&As. The ideal candidate will work proactively to secure appropriate opportunities among trade and consumer front to generate radio, print, online, social media and broadcast opportunities to generate maximum, positive publicity for the studio's branding, marketing, special projects, community outreach and awards campaigns. This position is based in the Universal City, CA offices.
• Forge a strategic partnership with communications group with the senior leadership team at Focus on issues management, messaging and positioning relating to key film priorities, and crisis communications.
• Create and edit key communications materials including announcements, press releases, talking points, Q&A, speeches, program descriptions, articles, and bios.
• Oversee preparation of written communications, including talking points, press releases, memos, strategy documents, and manage box office press.
• Work within the larger UFEG Communications team to liaise with filmmakers and productions to ensure we're appropriately as they ramp up.
• Manage the external and internal communication strategies for Focus including media relations, executive thought-leadership, and development of key messages / positioning.
• Work across the Focus departments, including Production and Acquisitions, Physical Production, Business & Legal Affairs, Publicity, and Events.
• Act as liaison between Focus and parent company NBCUniversal on relevant internal events / communications strategies.
• Identify and liaise with key forums, networking, and thought-leadership opportunities for executives within Focus.
• Partner with teams across the division including marketing, special projects and DEI, and programming to provide communications support.
• Work closely with the EVP to manage crises communications/conflict situations and may be asked to serve as spokesperson.
• Cultivates and manage day-to-day transactional media relations, maintaining strong relationships with business and trade reporters, to manage incoming project requests and announcements.
• Partner with EVP to announce production announcements, partnerships, and press releases as needed.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• At least 10 years of corporate and/or crisis communications experience in the entertainment industry. Preferably in television or film studio/production support.
• Bachelor's Degree. Master's Degree a plus.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if the Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
• Strong leader with excellent communications skills to advise top executives, work across various departments, supervise teams and manage external clients and partners.
• Strategic thinking ability combined with tactical implementation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and collaborate with senior executives, creative partners, and peers across a highly matrixed, fast-paced, innovative, and energetic corporate culture.
• Exceptional strategic and sound judgment and sensitivity to challenging issues and ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
• Demonstrated success in crafting a substantive and cohesive set of messages for an organization, which has been successfully communicated to key audiences and resulted in a measurable difference.
• Proven, exceptional writing skills, including strategic positioning of messaging (samples required).
• Proficient copy-editing skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rop756-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.