NBCUniversal is seeking a Vice President of Traffic & Programming Operations to join a driven and highly motivated team within the NBCU Local's Sales Operations organization.
The VP of Traffic & Programming Operations will be responsible for helping to build and provide leadership for a new centralized, geographically dispersed Traffic Center (TC) operation comprised of 90+ people. This person will lead a team of Directors, Managers, and Traffic and Programming Coordinators responsible for programming, scheduling, trafficking, publishing, and reconciling the traffic logs for all NBCU Local Properties (including Owned Stations, Regional Sports Networks, and Digital Networks).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Help build then lead and support a new organization for the execution of all traffic and programming workflows including hiring, development, and achievement of team and individual goals.
• Take complete responsibility for all elements of traffic and programming operations serving all NBCU Local sales groups.
• Serve as a functional subject matter expert, operational lead and the primary liaison for all NBCU Local market Traffic and Programming items and internal and external partners
• Develop Traffic and Programming SLA criteria and ensure adherence for all NBCU Local Properties within a centralized organization.
• Partner with other members of the Sales Operations team on system and workflow changes to drive efficiency and service to stations.
• Work with our Master Control operations to ensure flawless on-air execution of all playlists and contingencies.
• Partner with leadership across NBCU Local Ad Sales and Finance Operations to ensure execution of all commercial spots and reconciliation for revenue recognition.
• Liaise with the leadership teams of the NBCU Local properties to execute individual station priorities and new station launches.
• Partner with the NBCU Sales Technology team to develop strategic plans for systems, applications, and products supporting Traffic and Programming.
• Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement; work closely with sales and operations management to analyze process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
• Manage adherence to operating budget across the Traffic and Programming teams.
• Partner with Sales Operations and Sourcing team on 3rd party contracts and relationships supporting the trafficking and programming of all NBCU Local Properties.
• BA/BS in Communications, Marketing, Advertising or related field.
• 7+ years of experience managing a critical on-air Traffic Operation in a leadership role in a fast-paced environment and managing a large group of people.
• Thorough understanding of local television sales, broadcast operations, and news/sports/entertainment traffic and programming requirements.
• A proven leader known to challenge the status quo, introduce new and better ways of delivering results, and capable of leading through change.
• 5+ years of project management experience managing scope, schedule, and resources for projects.
• A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations.
• Experience motivating and influencing teams to accomplish a common goal.
• Proven track record for driving organizational transformation.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work well in groups or teams across departments and locations.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1958x-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.