The Vice President, International Regulatory Compliance and Data Security serves as the main legal point of contact for the Peacock legal team for compliance with ex-US laws including consumer, telecommunications, media and data privacy regulations. This role will report to the VP Regulatory Compliance and Data Security.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Track applicable consumer, media, production, telecommunications, financial, and data privacy regulations in the United Kingdom, European Union and other jurisdictions. Manage Peacock's compliance with applicable regulations related to consumer and viewing product, technology and data use.
• Provide sound, practical legal/regulatory advice to the Peacock team, including its technology and product teams and senior business leaders, regarding compliance with applicable laws and company policies
• Conduct comprehensive business risk assessment to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement risk mitigation and corrective action plans for areas of heightened risk or problematic issues; and provide guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
• Ensure that red flags, complaints and alleged violations of law, rules, and regulations are being appropriately identified, evaluated, investigated and resolved in a timely and effective manner in collaboration with other appropriate departments (e.g., Litigation, Employment Law, Internal Audit, Human Resources, Security, etc.).
• Coordinate with the NBCU International Privacy group to counsel and support the Peacock product and technology teams on privacy issues in connection with the collection and use of consumer data, including business intelligence, advanced advertising, customer experience, and related business and technology initiatives.
• Other matters as needed at the direction of Peacock's General Counsel and Vice President Regulatory Compliance and Data Security
• Minimum of 10 years of legal experience from a company in-house legal team, law firm or relevant government position.
• In-depth knowledge of in UK/EU regulatory and/or data privacy, compliance mandates and regulatory bodies critical to a digital business
• Working knowledge of the various US and International data privacy laws, including data protection, retention, security and breach rules.
• A law degree from an ABA-accredited law school is required.
• Must be a member in good standing of the State Bar of New York, or of another State Bar.
• Experience in media or content streaming platform preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to explain complex legal concepts to business executives, build consensus across disciplines within the Peacock team, think creatively, and collaborate with other executives to address business needs.
• Experience making legal decisions and advising on business risks.
• Outstanding analytical, communication and organizational skills.
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Ability to multi-task and to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm57w6-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.