The VP, Finance, is a key financial leadership role and business partner to operating leaders of owned stations WRC, WZDC and Regional Sports Network in the Washington, DC market and WRTD Raleigh and WZTD in Richmond.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Partner with GM and operating leaders to develop strategic plans and help guide strategic direction
• Partner with the operating teams to learn the local operations
to help the business GROW in Ratings, Revenue and Profit
• Work closely with the SVP of Sales to analyze the advertising market,
performance and pricing
• Provide financial support to analyze news, sports rights deals and management, syndicated and local programming,
production and management options for effective decision making
• Manage and help grow/develop Finance team members
• Work with OTS HQ finance and other Stations/RSNs to share and adopt best practices
• Lead development of Budget Presentation and Long Range Planning (LRP), prepare financial outlook and deliver presentation to leadership & RSN Team Partners
• Lead budgeting, forecasting, and pacing processes
• Manage monthly financial closes, formal estimates and quarterly board presentations
• Provide continuous risk and opportunity assessment and timely communication and
advice to management teams
• Additional responsibilities include: headcount and compensation reporting, HQ/Corporate reporting, Bad Debt/LTL balance tracking, internal audit requests, Capital expenditure management, Revenue support, partnership cash management / capital calls
• Completion of ad hoc reporting requests, analysis and special projects.
• Ensure balance sheet stewardship, manage the account reconciliation process
• Ensure overall financial policy & procedure compliance and maintain an effective internal
control environment Identify, recommend, and implement continual process improvements and business efficiencies
Minimum of 10 years of financial planning and leadership experience in a dynamic, matrixed organization.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Exceptional execution focus with the ability to deliver on multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and be effective and decisive under pressure.
Excellent presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate complex analysis across all levels of the organization; ability to ''tell a story'' through PowerPoint.
Strong written and verbal communicator able to build consensus and drive results through collaboration, influence, and persuasion.
Relationship builder with a proven ability to establish trust and rapport across the organization.
Advanced Excel skills highly desired.
Experience with the SAP General Ledger system preferred.
Media/Television experience preferred.
Bilingual (Spanish and English) a plus.