We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Group Controller, the Vice President, Controller will serve as an integral business partner in the operational accounting aspects of our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) business unit, including Peacock. This is a key leadership role with oversight of the daily accounting activities.
The role will be responsible for the compilation of financial results for purposes of reporting to the NBCU reporting team in connection with preparation of the Company's consolidated quarterly and annual financial statements. This position will need to work as a member of a cohesive team that can successfully address accounting questions as they arise, meet tight deadlines and respond quickly to changes in the business environment. This role partners with various areas of the organization, including financial planning and analysis and operational and strategic finance on all operational accounting processes, monthly and quarterly close, reporting and the assessment and validation of internal control activities. This individual will also act as a conduit for corporate accounting initiatives and aid in the development of global processes and standardization of policies. This individual is expected to be a key point of contact between the business unit and Corporate Controllership (NBCU and Comcast).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
• Drive monthly/quarterly closing processes to ensure accuracy and timeliness with a focus on improving the balance sheet focus and related analyses.
• Tracking and review of accounting issues and their resolution; draft accounting memos as deemed appropriate.
• Month-end close procedures inclusive of journal entry reviews, account reconciliation reviews and financial statement preparation and analysis.
• Ensure accounting in is line with existing GAAP standards and establish new internal policies as necessary.
• Create or review process documentation for new and existing processes and contribute new ideas for efficiencies and accuracy of financial results.
• Ensure that operational and design effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting is maintained and oversee all aspects of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
• Act as dedicated accounting resource and advisor to business unit CFO.
• Key contributor in the implementation of financial applications to support the accounting close.
• Support long-term Global Controllership initiatives for automation and standardization.
• Manage business unit accounting team with internal and external auditor engagements and assist with addressing audit findings.
• Work with peer controllers to determine and implement best practices across the organization.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Minimum 15 years relevant accounting/controller senior management experience.
• Documented success building, managing and retaining high-performance teams.
• Proven business partner with the ability to problem solve, drive resolution, guide and counsel on a wide variety of internal reporting priorities; ability to build credibility quickly.
• Demonstrated background and knowledge of US GAAP and SOX.
• CPA required.
• Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in accounting.
• Prior experience working for a public accounting firm; Big 4 accounting experience.
• Relevant media, direct-to-consumer experience.
• Experience working with international business units/branches experiences.
• Track record of successfully operating within a large-scale and highly matrixed accounting and finance environment.
• Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple projects in a high-pressure environment.
• Demonstrated ability to embrace innovation and manage change.
• Strong sense of ownership and commitment to achieving results.
• Strong communicator, able to build consensus and drive results through collaboration, influence and persuasion.
• Models and inspires high levels of integrity.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $180,000 - $240,000 (bonus and long-term incentive eligible).
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzbq72-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.