Senior IT Systems Engineer
Job description Overview:
The role is a critical part of the Technology & Operations Leadership team at WCAU/WWSI. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated advanced capability in the design, implementation and management of broadcast and IT technologies within a mission critical broadcasting environment; specifically, in Local News. The candidate will focus on excellence, quality and enhancing capabilities; both technology and staff. This position is a critical part of delivering world class support, innovative new technology, enabling operational change & driving smart business solutions. Responsible for the direct supervision of the technical team, overseeing deployment, support and sustainability for all local technical systems. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing technical staff with a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies across media and entertainment including infrastructure, distribution, live production, Adobe suite, newsgathering & newsroom systems. 24/7/365 environment.
Reports to: VP, Technology & Operations
Job Responsibilities: (Not in Order)
• Working closely with the VP, Technology & Operations to execute the technology vision as well as deliver projects on time and on budget; ensure maximum uptime of critical systems, and provide first class support to our customers
• Responsible and accountable for the end-to-end delivery of all the Station core broadcast and IT infrastructure
• Train & advance knowledge & skillset of engineering and support staff
• Responsible and accountable for maintaining the reliability of all critical systems & applications.
• Foster relationships with key stakeholders aligned with business operations
• Ensure a high degree of availability and reliability across all technical systems and operations.
• New technology identification and innovation to drive efficiency and reduce costs
• Address any customer issues, ensure strong communication, escalation and incident response management.
• Project manage various implementations, documentation and operational handoff.
• Manage infrastructure across all broadcast systems – SDI, ST-2022, ST-2021. This includes video, virtualized environments, Cisco DCNM network, along with Production, distribution & transmission technologies.
• Manage all UHF transmitters, microwave equipment, and radio communications systems and associated FCC compliance.
• Ensure monitoring and alerting of all systems
• Key member of Environment Health & Safety team ensuring safe work environment
• Reduce the reliance on individuals by cross training and documentation
• Responsible for the management and tracking of department assets
• Risk Management: Assess all issues, adds, changes in order to mitigate impact to station
• Manage Issues in SharePoint and ensure Root Cause analysis and prompt closure of tickets
• Develop and document (SOP's or Technical Documents) along with best practices and ensure they are adhered to
• Provide first class Customer / User Support
• Candidate must have minimum of 5 years of technical leadership experience with proven record of developing and supporting high performing teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Media, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience with 10+ years' industry experience preferred.
• Experience in the architecture and management of IT, broadcast infrastructure and production systems, including ST-2110 & 2021 for live production environments
Media and/ or Broadcast experience preferred.
Cisco & Microsoft certifications desirable.
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of management & user community.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Bilingual (Spanish and English) a plus.