This is an exciting opportunity to join a remote team that is making impactful technological decisions for NBCU Local, including their Stations, Regional Sports Networks, and digital properties. This team provides product, technology, and operational solutions supporting content creation for local news, entertainment, and regional sports coverage. By researching technology tools and workflows, the Technical Product Manager will be able to provide market and trending data to the stations on cutting edge content technology. This unique role will allow travel to local markets (about 50%) which will offer insight about day to day operations at each individual location so that the correct recommendations are provided.
The Technical Product Manager will be the driving force behind connecting technology with users to drive innovation across business units by exploring and adopting advanced workflows, automation tools such as cloud-based solutions, defining operational standards and best practices, participating in POC efforts, and piloting new technologies.
• Work with client teams, promoting a strong VOC, to uncover and understand end user needs and translate them into technical / workflow requirements. Ensure that implemented solutions match expectations.
• Partner with our various local / division engineering, operations, enterprise teams and vendors, serving as the primary operational subject matter expert supporting our portfolio of content technologies.
• Create and facilitate a culture of collaboration between businesses, maximizing the use of the human resource across the division.
• Lead the development of consensus to align operational best practices & standardization strategies across our businesses.
• Develop, maintain, and disseminate configuration and provisioning best practices and standards.
• Evaluate & evangelize opportunities for business appropriate advanced workflow and cloud-based solutions impacting news and post-production.
• Test new technology by leading POC initiatives and make recommendations for inclusion in strategic plan.
• Work with local & enterprise stakeholders to develop workflows, SOP's and operational implementation plans for new technology.
• Ensure the overall completeness and quality of vendor and internally provided training in news and post-production space.
• Lead training efforts as needed, while providing development opportunities for other high-performance associates
• Partner w/ local teams to drive continuous improvement in operational standards & practices, up to and including providing onsite operational assistance as needed
• Develop and curate our body of operational and training knowledge.
• Answer incoming questions about our portfolio of live production products and their capabilities.
• Assess and address technical risks.
• 10 years' experience in production workflows in a major market / network news and/or sports operations.
• Willingness to travel and work outside standard hours, and on weekends with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Additional Job Requirements
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Deep hands-on operational expertise in field production for major market news and/or sports
• Proven track record of talent development and training excellence in news and/or post-production space
• Deep technical / operational knowledge of systems and tools used in news and post-production and the ability to extract maximum value from them.
• Proven ability to analyze, develop and improve production workflows and operational practices
• Experience partnering with engineering teams on the configuration and provisioning of production systems
• Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building relationships with stakeholders, lead through influence and drive consensus amongst teams.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvnkwj-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.