- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
• Technically direct live as well as recorded programs, segments, spots , promos and commercials utilizing ROSS Overdrive
• Ability to build splits, boxes, and multi-layered effects on the switcher level
• Technically direct live, as well as recorded programs, segments, spots, promos, and commercials using ROSS overdrive
• Ability to perform audio duties and show mixing as needed
• Ability to perform ingest and signal acquisition duties as needed.
• Ability to perform editing duties as needed.
• Maintain inventory and perform daily housekeeping of all switcher effects and banks.
• Maintain strict station quality standards
• Proactively stay current with production changes, and technology advancements that are designed to improve workflows
• Assist with training colleagues/new hires
• Actively Participate in daily editorial meetings.
• Submit Issue Tracker Discrepancy Report as needed.
• Setup control and monitor television broadcasting equipment to transmit television programs and station breaks to the viewing audience
• Maintain program logs to Ascertain. Record onto television programming logs actual time programs/station breaks air.
• Ingest commercials, programs and other program materials into the station automation system.
While operating station automation equipment. Performing minor computer troubleshooting and diagnostics as needed.
• Utilize video waveform and vector scope monitors to adjust signal quality.
• Observe on-air monitors to ascertain problems with transmission, such as loss of audio/video signals and report any problems to the appropriate Technology staff.
• Perform minor equipment troubleshooting, observe transmitter performance to help determine cause and area of problems and inform engineering personnel.
• Prepare discrepancy reports describing problems encountered during transmission of programs/station breaks and reason for problems.
• Control transmitting equipment to route television program to remote broadcast sites. Take transmitter readings and enter data onto transmitter logs.
• Assist with the production of local news, promotions and commercial programming.
• Occasionally assist with facility maintenance and Environmental Health and Safety issues.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed by management
• In-depth experience (3+ years) with all aspects of ROSS Overdrive Automation System.
• In-depth experience (3+ years) iNews.
• In-depth experience with ROSS switchers.
• In-depth knowledge of Avid Newscutter/ Media Composer/Adobe Premiere.
• Fully knowledgeable in all aspects of television production.
• knowledge of graphics devices such as Xpression.
• Knowledge of video server playback and ingest.
• 3+ Years working in television news.
• Ability to multi-task a must.
• Candidate must be able to work under stress and tight deadlines.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Ability to react quickly and make decisions.
• Ability to work as a team and interface with all levels to drive our news vision.
• Strong Interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of management & user community in a positive and professional level.
• Must be willing to work in Salt Lake City, Utah
• Must be willing to submit to a background
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• A positive and motivated attitude to consistently raise the production standard
• Bachelors Degree in Communication or related field
• Familiarity with ROSS Dashboard