Remote / Virtual
Freelance - Technical Director
The Technical Director will prepare effects/transitions and operate a production switcher to provide a complete program of multi-layered video sources with graphical effects live for air.
• Build and organize switcher effects, snapshots, transitions and specialty wipes
• Prepare and route video and audio sources
• Switch live, fast-paced Sports oriented programs per Director's instructions
• Help provide solutions for studio, and control room production needs
• Test and prepare television technical operations systems and equipment for use
• Work closely with Operations Management and Engineering to ensure all equipment is meeting client's expectations
• Responsible for compliance with all applicable company policies
• Provide support for additional projects as assigned
• Minimum 5 years of experience using production switchers, DVE's, graphics devices, DDR's, electronic routers and patch bays
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a live sports production control room environment.
• Must be available for all shifts (weekends and holidays); requires flexibility with last minute schedule shifts and a requirement to work overtime, as needed
• Must be available for all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Must be willing to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Ability to think quickly, communicate well and keep pace with fast moving shows
• Strong client service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle pressure in an on-air environment
• Knowledge of live news TV production processes
• Previous experience with INews systems
• Advanced PC computer skills
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
• Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Equipment knowledge desired: Sony MVS7000X 5 ME HD Switcher, Abekas Mira DDR, Miranda KX-16 Multi Image Processor, EVS XS Spot Box, Evertz Equinox, Routing System, Telex Communication System, Vista Spyder X20