Fraud Analyst, Business Operations, Skyshowtime
London, United Kingdom
Role title: Tax Manager – International Tax – Comcast/NBCUniversal
We're a global media and technology company with three primary businesses: Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, and Sky. Comcast Cable is one of the United States' largest video, high-speed internet, and phone providers to residential customers under the Xfinity brand, and also provides these services to businesses. It also provides wireless and security and automation services to residential customers under the Xfinity brand. NBCUniversal is global and operates news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures, and Universal Parks and Resorts. Sky is one of Europe's leading media and entertainment companies, connecting customers to a broad range of video content through its pay television services. It also provides communications services, including residential high-speed internet, phone, and wireless services. Sky operates the Sky News broadcast network and sports and entertainment networks, produces original content, and has exclusive content rights and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
This is a newly created position within the London tax team supporting senior members of the existing international tax function within our central London office. The team oversees all non-US group activities for all group businesses, so there is potential exposure to our numerous business units within the international space. However, due to recent growth, there will be an initial focus on Comcast Advanced Advertising/Technology business unit. The London team has responsibility for all taxes for 200+ entities in over 30 territories internationally.
Key Position Responsibilities
This is a newly created position that has arisen due to expansion within the group. You will be responsible for:
- Providing support on tax advisory matters, as required, for certain group business lines – initially including our Comcast International advanced advertising/ technology group but may also cover project and advisory work for our NBCUniversal and Sky international business segments;
- Partner with other tax team members and business finance and legal colleagues to support commercial activities and proactively identify, appraise and manage tax risks;
- Provide practical advice to commercial teams on the tax impact of specific business transactions;
- Assist with the development, review and implementation of the group Tax Strategy;
- Support cross border transactions (M&A, new market entry & new entity setup);
- Assist with ad-hoc tax advisory projects;
- Take a principal role in partnering both with the business internally and externally with advisors;
- In collaboration with other internal groups, support the review and implementation of transfer pricing documentation and policy;
- In collaboration with other internal groups, support the review and implementation of cross border moves/ working arrangements;
- Decision support on commercial projects relating to UK and overseas operations;
- Establish a strong profile within the Group, and be a key contact point and ''go to'' person for all things tax within your allocated businesses whilst working collaboratively with functional specialist colleagues (eg, VAT, transfer pricing, employment tax, etc.) to provide a seamless service to the business;
- Provide ad-hoc project support to senior leadership and liaison with other departments as required.
- Demonstrate a strong commercial UK & International corporate tax knowledge;
- Awareness and practical working knowledge of tax accounting, international compliance and transfer pricing;
- Working understanding of, and ability to identify, VAT and employment tax issues;
- Team player;
- Good project management skills, ideally with some experience with helping to manage stakeholders and coordinate international tax projects;
- An ability to operate autonomously at a senior level and to be comfortable building relationships and partnering with senior finance and business personnel;
- Quick learner, self-motivated and pro-active;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to formulate practical, commercial recommendations;
- Ability to summarise and communicate complex technical issues to a non-tax audience;
- Able to manage workload to tight deadlines and prioritise multiple tasks and work streams.
Required skills/knowledge and qualifications
- Corporate tax experience, including significant exposure to international corporate tax matters.
- Experience of large US or multinational groups.
- Awareness of withholding, VAT, employment and other tax issues
- Professional qualification in accounting (ACA or equivalent).
- Good collaborator with an ability to understand complex commercial and business issues and support the formulation of practical solutions.
- Strong communication skills, especially in communicating tax concepts to a non-tax audience and/or teams in overseas territories.
- Commercial experience in the Digital Advertising, Technology or Entertainment & Media sectors.
- Big 4 background, ideally with experience within a large in-house multinational tax function.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5pjz-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.