Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Looking for a job where you will always be at the forefront of media technology? The Studios at DFW is looking for an Associate Systems Engineer to help us grow and maintain our IP centric facility. Located in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, our multi-tenant facility is currently being rebuilt as a hybrid SDI/2110 plant.
In addition to working with and supporting our local properties, NBC 5 and Telemundo 39, DFW TechOps also hosts and supports technology for LX News, NBC Arthouse (NBC's real time graphics group), as well as other remote Owned Television Stations in the division!
If you're a self-starter who enjoys being involved in a bit of everything, this is the job for you!
• A Hands on accomplished systems engineer dedicated to help our business win by supporting mission critical broadcast and IT systems, projects and new initiatives.
• Develop strong working relationships with department leaders and their teams including Production Operations, Engineering, IT, Creative Services, Sales, Traffic and News Operations groups to manage systems, documentation, follow best practices and implement new technologies & deliver projects on time & within budget.
• Work with internal / external Technical Support teams to ensure timely resolution of customer requests and issues.
• Provide troubleshooting & support for systems, infrastructure and applications, including root cause analysis.
• Evaluate and optimize workflows related to all broadcast systems including linear and IP fabric for video infrastructures, virtualized Windows & Linux environments, encode / decode platforms, newsgathering tools, NLE, Media Asset Management systems, distribution / transmission systems and other workflow tools.
• Evaluate, test and install upgrades to all platform operating systems, applications, and hardware
• Risk Management: Assess all issues, adds, changes to mitigate potential system impact.
• Ongoing assessment of workflows, identifying manual processes that can be streamlined or improved upon with new hardware, software or automation
• Participate in the testing of new technology.
• Install, commission and configure new technology
• Develop and maintain system documentation for operational and troubleshooting purposes.
• Work with operations teams to ensure SOP's & documentation are written and up to date
• Produce work that is consistently professional, reliable and detail oriented.
• Other duties as deemed necessary
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Broadcast IT or Systems Engineering or similar with 5+ years' experience preferred. Equivalent experience considered.
• Experience in a similar role with an ISP, media company, systems integrator or other relevant industry.
• Must be willing to work in Dallas-Fort Worth just south of DFW Airport
• Willingness to travel and work outside standard hours, Holidays and on weekends with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds of gear
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Experience in supporting large scale systems to support business needs
• Experience supporting a major market or network News operation
• Proficient with IT routers, switches, firewalls, and port management applications
• Proficient in A/V file transcoding, data archiving processes and video compression technologies & standards.
• Hands on experience with support of non-linear edit systems such as Premier, FCP, Edius, Avid.
• Demonstrated knowledge of media over managed IP networks and protocols.
• Knowledge and experience with hardware virtualization
• Knowledge of media workflow tools and production systems such as Vantage, Dalet, Ross Overdrive or similar.
• Knowledge of distribution systems including RF (including broadcast transmitters, radar, and microwave), streaming and satellite.
• Knowledge of newsgathering and communications systems
• Strong ability to read and generate system documentation (Visio, ACAD).
• Positive work ethic, ability to work well in groups to execute projects on time and on budget while meeting customer expectations.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse audiences across different departments, ranging from non-technical clients to technical professionals and operations staff.
• Must be able to process large amounts of information, analyze this information and make sound decisions, sometimes under intense deadline pressure.
• Knowledge of standard engineering processes such as change control and agile development concepts.
• Must be keen to learn and develop new skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Excellent organization, collaboration and communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience with setup, testing and documentation of proof of concept systems
• Must possess strong multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb3b1o-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.