Universal City, CA
NBCUniversal's Intellectual Property Analytics, Operations, and Technology (IPAOT) team supports NBCUniversal's content globally with four key areas: (1) developing more secure and scalable frameworks for Internet-based video distribution, (2) improving security technologies and processes in content production and distribution, (3) addressing voluminous copyright infringements on websites, apps and protocols, and (4) analyzing data to measure and understand the drivers of unlicensed video consumption on the Internet.
The IPAOT team is looking for a Systems Administrator who has a proven track record of maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of Linux servers. A strong candidate will identify any problems in the system, anticipate potential issues and repair systems and software when necessary. The ability to think strategically, visualize system relationships and drive multiple projects to successful completion is paramount to this position. This position works with minimum supervision to customize and maintain a multi-platform system configuration, ensuring efficiency and security.
• Building, configuring, patching, upgrading, and troubleshooting of physical and virtual Linux servers
• Develop and maintain detailed maintenance, contingency, and disaster recovery plans and documentation for server infrastructure
• Deploy development environment and infrastructure redundancy for legacy systems
• Be available off hours for scheduled system maintenance and emergencies.
• Work proactively to determine potential issues existing in the environment. Apply performance-tuning techniques where applicable.
• Manage and maintain configuration management (SaltStack).
• Manage and maintain queuing system (RabbitMQ)
• Manage and maintain databases (Postgres and Elasticsearch).
• Bachelor's degree in Computer or Information Science or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years of non-internship experience with Linux administration and configuration with a proven track record of managing and maintain systems in a production environment
• Strong knowledge of modern networking, networking architecture, and firewall configuration
• Strong knowledge of SaltStack, RabbitMQ, Postgres and Elasticsearch.
• Experience with relational and non-relational databases, document stores, and queuing systems
• Must understand and communicate system concepts to end users and technical teams
• Have considerable knowledge of security concepts and industry best practices; Scripting knowledge.
• Master's degree in computer science, or STEM field
• Networking certification (CCNA, COMPTIA Network+)
• Linux Foundation certified System Administrator
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y5wz-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.