Universal City, CA
The SVP, Current Programming, UCP will report to and work with the EVP, Scripted Current Series and Head of International Business Development, USG and will manage aspects of Current broadcast, cable and streaming series for the studio.
• Oversee and be held accountable for creative management of new and ongoing assigned scripted series
• Work in conjunction with development to transition shows that have been picked up from development into current series
• Spearhead staffing efforts for Current team and serve as point Current exec for agencies during staffing season
• Build and maintain relationships with the creative community including network executives, producers, directors, production companies, agents and managers
• Attend table reads, run-thrus and shoots, and work with show's producers, studio production executive and network to solve creative and production-related issues
• Provide notes on cuts, stories, outlines and scripts
• Introduce new writers to the studio with the potential for future development
• Work strategically with producers and networks to continuously reinvigorate current series
• Liaise with our network and streaming counterparts to ensure longevity of our Current shows by staying in step with our buyers' objectives and finding appropriate creative solutions or compromises
• Work with Business Affairs to facilitate talent and production deals
• Work with Production to ensure that agreed to concepts are fully realized in production
• Serve as liaison between production and other studio departments including consumer products, publicity, production, international, home entertainment, etc.
• Supervise junior executives in oversight of assigned series
• Minimum 10 years' experience in scripted television programming and production
• Minimum 10 years' experience as a scripted production or scripted current executive at either a Production Company, TV network or TV studio
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Demonstrated aptitude for helping to manage a team of creative executives
• Proven ability to cultivate productive and long-lasting relationships with TV showrunners, TV producers, TV writers, agents, managers, and senior-level TV executives in the US and abroad
• Demonstrated ability to develop creative, innovative, and proactive solutions to highly complex creative, operational, logistic, and personnel matters
• Clear history of thriving in a high-volume, fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree is preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn85wk-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.