The NBC Owned Television Stations Digital team is seeking a Support & Operations Professional for its online and digital properties. The applications supported are components of online web applications; this is NOT a desktop support role. We are looking for a strong team player, knowledgeable in online products (news sites, video, content management systems) and customer service.
• The Support & Operations resource is responsible for monitoring and managing all user technical and operational support tickets while also working to resolution, manage any help desk calls, provide technical assistance to our internal teams, and perform as the appointed primary contact person for any system/technical outages as needed. He/She will also be responsible for engaging with the appropriate teams and 3rd party vendors where/when necessary to resolve any issues and requests as needed, while also providing any necessary feedback and/or updates via any associated tickets.
• Provide support assistance during day to day business hours as well as be able to provide after-hours/on-call support coverage 24/7 (including weekends and holidays).
• Manage incoming technical and operational support requests from users and internal teams, while also ensuring tickets are responded to within our specified Service Level Agreements. Categorize, prioritize, and assign support tickets to the appropriate internal groups while also providing feedback to the user as needed.
• Working within various production platforms that are part of our evolving technology stack; Content Management System, Video (OVP), Amazon EC2, Content Distribution Network (Akamai) and other online web applications.''
• Basic operations and troubleshooting via a UNIX console, as needed.
• Closely working with our editorial team(s) in various regions, while troubleshooting in real-time to provide timely resolutions, as well as updating tickets accordingly, and providing any necessary communications to our various teams.
• Creating and analyzing production ticket reports to identify trends while working with other teams to create solutions, optimize, and alleviate potential and possible root causes.
• Documenting ''How to guides'' and performing any necessary knowledge sharing sessions with our team(s).
• Maintaining a calm composure while simultaneously being able to help stakeholders during possible high-pressure situations (breaking news, technical outages, and etc.)
• Performing day to day operational tasks while also providing any necessary user support for our various systems.
• Ability to work, coordinate, and assist with our internal development teams, cross market editors, and various 3rd party vendors as needed.
• Monitoring and debugging where necessary, using data to identify trends as well as subjective and objective quality assessment, with the goal of highlighting areas for further improvement.
• Capturing and replicating issues for further investigation and latter improvement.
• 2 + years of experience in supporting production systems (digital).
• MUST be willing to provide after-hours/on-call support coverage 24/7 (including weekends & holidays)
• Must be open to both 1st & 2nd shift schedules (TBD)
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Have expertise with WordPress CMS.
• 2 + years of experience of video broadcast and streaming systems, with specific expertise with HLS.
• Understanding the professional broadcast protocols, including MPEG-TS and RTP. Experience with Zixi, and Elemental MediaConnect.
• Have a general knowledge of various troubleshooting tools; Virtual machines, screen sharing applications, Charles debugging proxy, Web Browser Developer toolbars, and various other web testing utilities.
• Have a solid knowledge of IOS, and Android platforms, and all major web browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox, and Safari).
• Quick learner, self-motivated and a self-starter [A Big Plus]
• Ability to work in fast paced environment while maintaining his/her calm.
• Experience of security best-practices
• Critical thinker and a strong approach to technical analysis and debugging.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Bachelor's degree preferred