Supervisor Citywalk Entertainment
Universal City, CA
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world's most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it's on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
Responsible for assisting the Attractions Manager and Assistant Manager with the daily supervisory leadership of Attractions and Ride Operators.
• Supervises daily operation of Attractions and provides and ensures that exemplary guest service is maintained at all times.
• Provide work direction counseling, coaching and performance reviews to hourly staff.
• Lead workforce planning, reward and recognition planning, employee events, and TSAT action planning.
• Coaches and motivates attraction team members to promote safe and efficient attraction operations while also exceeding guest expectations of courtesy and cleanliness.
• Develop and implements programs to improve guest and employee satisfaction. Ensure appropriate and timely investigation and responses to guest and employee concerns.
• Ensures daily operating logs and employee records are accurately maintained.
• Ensures that all safety procedures and understood and followed by providing up to date safety training to all employees.
• Uphold and maintain standards of a themed environment
• Coordinates, reviews and approves weekly employee schedule.
• Ensures that collective bargaining agreements are upheld by partnering with HR and Labor Relations to maintain positive union relationships.
• Acts as EHS Safety Team representative for employees.
• Acts as crisis management including guests' and employee Medical/Emergency situations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School or GED required.
• At least 2 years of operations management/team leadership experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required.
• Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and walking/traveling to multiple venues throughout the day
• Lead/Trainer experience for one season
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Hourly range: $23.50 - $24.50
• Must have excellent written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
• Developing Leadership Talent or equivalent leadership program
• Must be proficient in Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel.
• Theme Park Operations knowledge
• Experience managing in a union environment
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
• Proactive thinker/self-starter
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2boj7-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.