The Supervising Director is responsible for working with the Director Team and ensuring that they are provided with feedback and coaching of their daily performance. This position will be responsible for working on and assigning staff to assist with studio layouts, camera position blocking and planning for productions across all of the stations at the Boston Media Center. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of shot composition, lighting and aesthetics.
• Work with Directors on Production Planning
• Coordinate conversations between Directors and Content Groups to ensure that open communication paths are maintained and productive
• Provide feedback to Director Show Reports and respond to any questions which might arise or need to be addressed.
• Work with Operations Managers on coordination of resources - Staffing, Elements, Facilities and Scheduling
• Direct Productions as needed
• Promote & exhibit teamwork within a positive work environment
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum Five years' experience Directing and Technical Directing in a fast paced and competitive television news / sports environment
• Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in television production or equivalent experience preferred
• Knowledge of broadcast news workflows and technology concerning Automated Production Control Room operations.
• Experience with Ross Production Automation preferred
Experience with Dalet Newsroom Systems preferred
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, as well as other digital production software tools such as Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, Vantage, Latakoo and file share systems a plus
• Previous supervising experience a plus
• Previous experience successfully leading and handling project assignments preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate with all levels within the organization and with external vendors.
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish proficiency a plus
• Must exhibit strong leadership skills and lead with a positive example
• Must demonstrate ability to remain calm under pressure, and think critically
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in Needham, MA
• Must be able and willing to work to work any 24x7 shift, willingness to work long hours and on weekends and holidays with short notice and be flexible with schedule changes. Must be willing to work in severe weather emergencies
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqyeo6-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.