Senior Financial Analyst
Universal City, CA
The Director, Strategy & Business Development is a key part of a lean team which identifies and drives key strategic initiatives across the NBCU portfolio. The group also works in conjunction with other business units within Comcast & NBCU on a wide variety of projects including examining potential acquisitions and exploring new business initiatives.
Reporting to the SVP, Corporate Strategy & Development you will have responsibility for critical strategic projects. This position will work closely with NBCU senior management, including leaders from each business across NBCU's portfolio. Projects will require strategic thinking, research, analysis, modeling, and building recommendations for senior-most leadership. The position offers unique exposure to a wide array of NBCU businesses and the opportunity to participate in high-level strategic decision-making that will affect the future of NBCUniversal.
• Work independently and lead small teams of corporate strategy and business unit resources in critical strategic projects including market assessments and sizing of new opportunities, specific company evaluations, partnership structures and terms, and M&A
• Analyze consumer and market trend data, create new business plans and prepare and present financial modeling for ongoing engagements
• Continually evaluate new market trends and competitive opportunities/threats; support NBCU's overall corporate strategy and business development planning with focus on long term growth
• Unlock strategic opportunities across NBCU's portfolio of businesses; work to strengthen the cohesiveness across NBCU's operating units
• Present recommendations, including analysis and conclusions, to senior management
• Manage projects and communication flow across the team
• Contribute to the building, mentorship and retention of an outstanding, high performing team.
• Provide inspiring leadership on multiple levels- thought leadership, operational excellence, performance orientation and collaborative leadership throughout the organization
• Bachelor's degree
• 7+ years of experience that includes a combination of the following:
• Management consulting or investment banking within a Media, Technology & Telecom practice
• Business development, strategy, corporate development, or corporate finance at a media or technology company
• Excellent quantitative analysis skills as evidenced by 5+ years analyzing consumer and market trend data
• Ability to integrate market, competition, trends, organizational state and other issues into a coherent vision for change, development and growth
• Ability to accurately assess longer term implications of changing business models with simultaneous focus on optimizing the short term; you are someone who understands the growth drivers of the business and prioritizes initiatives that will accelerate momentum
• MBA preferred
• Strong interest in the media industry (TV, Film, Digital Media)
• Strategic thinking w/ strong intellectual curiosity
• Strong presence, judgment and ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver presentations.
• Exceptional influencing skills and preferred experience working across many areas and levels of an organization
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including significant financial modeling experience
• Proactive, enthusiastic, and able to work in a fast-moving, hard-working team
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Ability to oversee junior staff on project team